Welcome to The Laughingbird Software Community

Hi! And welcome to the NEW Forum for Laughingbird Software!

(Register as a new user, this login system is different than your Laughingbird Download area)

Once registered and logged in, you'll be able to contribute to this awesome community by submitting your own content or replying to existing content.

You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in. :D

Suzupetal

login

Hello,

i opened up the software and logged in only to find upsells and no where to access the product i purchased or my templates i have saved.

please help

sue

Pardon my ignorance but, are you saying you had to log into the software . A brief history would be nice.Are you on a Mac or PC? Have you updated or done any deletions as of late.

You logged in where? And expected to see what where?

i have used it several times and today when i opened the program from my mac i have nothing in my templates.. nothing i have saved i cannot access the program at all

Screen Shot 2017-07-08 at 8.14.56 PM.png

Hi there @Suzupetal:D

Hmmmm.... your screenshot above appears to be the trial version.
The white 'splash screen' in your image (where it says "Welcome to the Creator") is telling you to download and install the 'demo template' set.

One you do this, you'll have content.

If you've already purchased a template set... you can redownload and re-install it from:
https://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com/members

Let me know if this is where we are :D

Marc

hmmmm. that is funny since i purchased it weeks ago and have used and saved templates

here is the email you sent me when i purchased...

Hi there sue,
Welcome to Laughingbird Software.

Thanks for your purchase of The eCover Creator Software! 
...I know you'll love it!

You can download your new software from your Member's Dashboard on the Laughingbird Software website: 

Ah. Great.

Have you installed The eCover templates yet?
Make sure you login, and download the eCover templates and graphics and then install them!

https___www_laughingbirdsoftware_com_members_download-the-ecover-creator_.png

UMMMM sorry i am getting frustrated.. .YES! i have USED AND INSTAlled what i purchased WEEKS ago.. I have also saved some templates...... PLEASE  hear me.

i purchased, installed, used and saved.. now they are ALL GONE and it wants me to install again

i have not done any updates or used it for a few weeks... my computer is the same one it was installed with. it has not had any down time or hiccups.

:D

Okay. Sorry Suzu.

Here's how the software works.
ALL of the templates and graphics are located inside your Documents folder on you computer... inside a folder called "Laughingbird Documents"

they will remain there forever unless you manually delete the Laughingbird Documents folder.
OR, if you change machines or reformat your machine of course.

So let's figure out how or why your templates are not there.

You mention that you have already downloaded and installed the eCover set.
If so - open your documents folder and tell me if you see anything inside the Laughingbird folder.

Sorry to keep asking if you have installed, but it's a common problem as most users think the templates install with the Creator7 app. They don't.

So you have to work with me here as I'm blind on my end without knowing exactly what happened.
There is no way for the graphics to magically just disappear, we have to figure out what has changed since you last opened the software.

Have you updated the software recently?
https://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com/updates/

Marc

i have folders inside the laughing bird folders however the files are there. Yes i am aware that they had to be installed separately from creator 7 and thanks for covering your bases.

and

i am wondering if my iCloud was acting up would that have anything to do with this. i found the files on the icloud folder not the computer folder... i think that is the issue..... for some reason iCloud took EVERYTHING on my computer and erased it when it took it up to the cloud... i have had a few words with apple about this since the auto crap came with an update and the user has no real knowledge until the cloud is full and they want you to purchase more space.

please forgive me for not realizing this... due to an accident my brains do not work like they used to, this stuff actually makes my head hurt now when it used to be so clear.

i would love it if i could share my screen with you so you could walk me through this... short term memory is greatly challenged and i have to keep moving back and forth to remember the steps... so exasperating

so now what do i do?

thanks for your patience

ah. Great. Okay, we're getting there.

The path to the templates HAS to be:

Documents > Laughingbird Documents 

if you have your templates or graphics on the iCloud drive, The Creator won't find them.

The solution is the MAKE SURE that the Laughingbird Documents (that may be on your iCloud drive) are moved or copied to your Documents folder that sits on your computer.

Try that - let me know what happens

Marc

ok so i closed and re opened and voila' i have lift off houston! thanks so much for being a great guy!

my hero for today!

sue

now if i can only remember how i created the spine and text and how to up load it... argh... i think the 3 box template i picked will not allow the spine upload

;-)