Welcome to The Laughingbird Software Community

Hi! And welcome to the NEW Forum for Laughingbird Software!

(Register as a new user, this login system is different than your Laughingbird Download area)

Once registered and logged in, you'll be able to contribute to this awesome community by submitting your own content or replying to existing content.

You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in. :D

JimK

Different template loads when selected

Whenever I open Logo Creator (I'm using 7, although this has also happened in earlier versions) and click on a template what opens is the template displayed immediately after the one I want.

Is this a bug? I something off in my version? How do I fix this?

No it really isn't a bug .....Usually it is caused by a file name that contains a' character' that is not a number or letter in.  It counts it but doesn't "SEE" it.

The program doesn't see it so neither do you.

Go to Laughingbird Documents folder >>>>>templates>>>My templates.....Look at the contents and the names of the file.

Well, I found some with hyphens in them, and a couple with special characters. So I removed those things. Both from the folder names and the templates contained in the folders.

New problem. All those templates have now disappeared from the templates which display.

When I go to the Open Template option on the File menu and go directly to one of the missing template folders I get a message which says it already exists and do I want to overwrite it. I'm guessing that will delete/destroy my existing template.Not what I want to occur.

Posted (edited)

Now I get a message which says I tried to open something which isn't a template folder.

And when I can get one open some of the elements are missing. Probably because I renamed them. Don'tya just love Catch-22s? O.o

Edited by JimK
Added comment

Can you simply go back to the point you saw the problem files? Restore it? Then you would just have to remove the hyphen in the name.

To delete a file all you have to do is click on the whole file. It was the name that was the issue not the contents.

Well, I've already worked around it by deleting the png background file which I renamed and redoing it.

Although now when I go to save it as a png, it insists that I save it somewhere other than the template folder which I was working in - because it can't save pngs in a template folder. I don't recall that ever happening before.

It's still a great piece of software. My beer labels have never looked better

Daggerboard IPA label 2.PNG

1 person likes this

Simply save as a template again to your desktop or USB stick. Remove the old and replace it with the one on the stick or desktop.

I typically just mash down on my keyboard, like a monkey, when i save my templates, and when i happen to hit a special character ($%# type stuff) i get the same issue.

2017-07-06_152639.png