RTA

Why I still use TC7

I have now tried TC7 WGC and TC8.

In one important feature, TC7 wins.

The drag and drop feature of the document / Logo Element map in the screentop on TC7. It is almost indispensable and makes the use of the elements quick and easy

That's why I still use TC7

I have changed my mind. TC8 is a great software. I had to find out for a little while.
The TC8 is much smoother than the TC7. Customizing text has become much easier and the elements adapt to the size of the design

I really didn't think there was anything that could compete with TC7 but TC8 is a really good improvement

• Like 1

I absolutely hate how the elements appear in tc8.   Make your selection, then scroll some more.  The element menu in 7.2.9 is far superior, this menu (in tc8) is a step backward.

2019-12-10_032338.png

• Like 1

On 12/8/2019 at 10:45 AM, KD-did said:

I LOVE TC 7.2.9. Being able to see what the font looks like is far superior to a NON-alphabetized list..

I've pretty much stopped using 7.2.9. I hate the text handling ability. 

I never noticed that list is non alphabetized. Even using the search box in the fonts tab does not produce an alphabetized list, I lust tried searching for "A"- it results in a non alphabetized list of fonts that contain the letter a. 

That's probably not a too big a deal though-- I tend to use, probably, about a dozen fonts regularly. 

2019-12-10_034340.png

Have you tried moving 1 element file from the Logo Elements folder over to the Purchased elements folder? For me I just import the element I want from V7 to the V8 canvas.

Marc announced new installers that are suppose to correct the situation.

Yep 😀

As you can see in image2 I have moved "People Pak 3" Elements to Purchased Elements and in image1 you can see there is nothing in TC8 Element-list 

Thanks for hint 😀

I have not placed the template folder myself. Installation Software has put it there

I don't know how to get on. I can't really figure it out

Retiring...you are planning in keeping it on board aren't you?Remember V8 doesn't do system fonts, All it does is straight line text.

• Like 1