Buffbaud

Buffbaud...the answer is here :D

Question

I haven't used this software in a while, but when I tried, I was forced to install the upgrade which I did but now I cannot find the templates I created, they are no longer a selection in the dropdown. How can I recover them???? 

8 answers to this question

For V8...Click on the small tic mark on the right side. A dropdown menu will appear. Scroll down to the bottom and you will see "My Templates".

saved templates.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 8.47.43 PM.png

Also, I AM NOT A NEWBIE I have worked with this software and has been registered since 2008. I don't use this software as often as I used too because I use photoshop most of the time.

well I didn't know that it was required to come on this board to use the software. I had no idea that I need to download it first. So in other words I guess I lost my templates. May I suggest in the future, when you have these mandatory upgrades you might suggest that we save our template somewhere else cuz now I have at least 15 templates of logos that I have to remake. Plus, how am I supposed to know that I'm going to have to save my personal templates! Especially when I go to open up the program and I can't get into it because I'm required to do this update?! This is very frustrating and disappointing.and honestly I don't really see any difference in this mandatory upgrade so this actually makes it worse. I'm worse off than I was! Thanks! I'm very upset

Go into DOCUMENTS>>>>Laughingbird Documents folder DO NOT launch the pr

ogram and look into Logo Library. Your templates maybe there to be seen.

Any update from version 6.0 thru 7.2.9 of the Creator (used to be called "The logo creator") do not even touch the laughingbird document library- it only updates the program files.

The LB doc library is in your main document library.  

ABOUT THE UPDATES: There was a flurry of updates from 7.0--- 7.2.1, 7.2.2 and finally 7.2.9- that was the update that actually overwrote the program files.  Non of those updates did nothing to your Laughingbird document library.   

Before version 7.2.9 every time you installed an update it installed the update into it's own new program directory.  At one time I had 7 different versions all installed.  All versions from version 6.0 through version 7.2.9 use the same laughingbird document library. 

Even if you ran the uninstaller from version 6.6 for example- it didn't uninstall any of your documents, it just deleted the program files. 

There were some mac users, probably less than 10, in the past that had this issue, that OS hasn't been around for a while now.

• Like 2

Sorry I'm late to this conversation.

First off, your image above is of The Creator 7.

You are NEVER forced to do an upgrade. Ever. That was a choice you made based on information you may have misunderstood. The software is located on your computer. An internet connection is not even required. Ergo, no update is ever 'required'.

Next, you lost nothing.

Just because 'something' happened and you no longer 'see' your templates in the program does not mean they are gone. Unless YOU went into a folder and DELETED them, they are still there. We can help you fix whatever went wrong and get it all showing again.

Next, you are not 'required' to come on this board to use the software. There are actually only a few of us here that respond to questions anyway. Most of us are on Facebook too. This is simply a convenient tool for getting answers without having to scroll all through Facebook. Works well.

Okay, so, back to your original problem.

Using TC7, you are not required to do any update. Ever. If you ever think you do HAVE to do an update, ask questions first. Here or on the Facebook page.

Now, where are you at? What issues are you having? Did you figure it out yet, or do you still need help? We can help you get it all going again. Just ask . . .