Petrus Lee

Help needed - Creating an image with overlaid background

Is it possible to use Logocreator 8 to create a border around an image, for posting on a web page? (see attached example)

As in the example, let's say we import an image into Logocreator, then place an overlay of a border over the image, Then it gets exported with with white background or transparent background.

During the design stage of the web page, this image can be in the background, and all other buttons or text can be in the front.

Possible?

(Thanks for any suggestions or tips - much obliged!)

logocreatorquest.jpg

Yes It/s possible, and easily done.   I just copied your image into C8- it's a jpg, which can't handle transparent backgrounds. 

Load your image, adjust the canvas size.

Go to EDIT menu

New rectangle

Adjust the size.

Go to the shape menu.

Adjust the color / opacity of the border.

Adjust the color of the shape (that's the shape fill color). In your case Leave it white.  

Go to OPTIONS.

Send the shape to the back

If the buttons are "clickable": you do that with whatever web page editor you use. 

You could also add a border in any number of programs, including GIMP which is free.

2019-11-30_095951.png

2019-11-30_095906.png

2019-11-30_095841.png

• Like 2

I don't have the original image, the example shown is quick n dirty, but a border is easily done:

In photoshop or photoshop elements:  select the image, find the edges, inverse the selection, go to EDIT  choose stroke, refine the thickness, color, etc....

If you can post an image of just the cat on the blanket in the png format,  I could do it for you.

Sometimes people can use the shadow tool.
Sometimes you can duplicate they layer, make it a solid color, enlarge it a bit, and send to the back to make a fake outline.

2019-12-01_104541.png

• Like 1

I know that looks really jagged... if the original is like that I could fix it, but stuff like that costs--- I work for cookies now....

• Like 1

Thanks again, Guys! Your time and patience is much appreciated.

From what you have described and shown, it looks like I will need to use a few other graphic/image tools to manipulate an image (eg. a photo), create transparency and incorporate that into Logocreator.

Will try to play with this a little more and hope to get the results I need. Again, really appreciate the friendly help and patience to help other users in need. Much obliged.