doctordun

Have 8 folders in my Logo Libraries

Question

Have 8 folders in my Logo Libraries but only 5 show up in the application. I am on a iMac Pro with the absolute latest software.

Here is what is in my Logo Libraries Folder:

Business Cards Set, Character Creator Template, Free Templates, Logo Templates v2, My Templates, People Pay Templates, Preview Templates, Scenery Creator Templates

The program shows these only:

Free Templates, Scenery Creator Templates, Business Cards Set, Logo Templates, Character Creator Template

How do I get the others to show?

8 answers to this question

Your logo libraries contents will be different than mine, what is important is the directory structure, and it's location.

2019-04-17_163529.png

This was a clean install this morning since I purchased everything this morning. So I did not mess with any file names or folders.

See attached image of my folder.

Laughingbird.jpg

Yes. Twice.  

I know the drill. Thank you. Hope you can help. Considering removing all traces and starting install over again  

Almost 40 years Mac user here an former Apple Tech. 

What files you will have will depend on what you purchased.Some files are DB and have no files that can be seen.There is no way for anyone but Marc and/or Lisa to have that information unless you shared. BTW some sets have no templates there will be no folders to be seen in the Logo Library.

Everything is probably working the way it should. Looking at your folders, without knowing exactly what is in them, makes it hard to determine what will show up.

First, there are no Character Creator Templates. So that folder will never show up in the left hand menu. The only Character Creator items are the elements that show up in your top menu.

Next, I'm guessing here, the Preview Templates, are probably not templates.

But, what other directory is not showing up? And have you actually looked into that directory to see if there are any 'templates' there? The reason I ask is that if a folder is empty, or does not contain a template, then it will not show up.

Also, even if it is a template folder, if there are obscure files ( other than the templates ) then the folder may corrupt and not show up.

There is one Character Creator Template and it shows up.

The people pak templates was not showing up. When I looked at it, there was a sub folder called people pak with all of the the templates in it. 

After examining the other folders, it seems the templates were always only one sub level down. I moved the folder People Pak up one level and now it shows up.

There are 6 folder with items in them and now all 6 show up. 

Two folders, "My Templates and Preview Templates" are empty and don't show up. I would assume that once something is in a folder, it will show up.

Problem seems to be solved now that I know the proper folder configuration and the levels that will appear.

I re-installed every item after first removing everything, so this is an issue with the install placing files in the proper sequence.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Marc no longer uses install files so that should not be an issue with future releases. You may just have some of the older template downloads with those installers. Everything new that comes out will not have an installer. You simply copy the elements folders to the element folder and the template folders to the logo libraries folder. Works much better.

You are correct about the My Template folder. As soon as you have at least 1 template in there, that folder will show up.

Good catch on the people pak folder being one to deep.

I'm not sure what character creator template you have, unless it was a bonus something or other that Marc released. There should be none. But hey, if it shows up, use it.

• Like 1