Hi,

I come here rarely. but use this software for each of my software launches (creating covers).

I bought the Creator 7 to create (3d) eCovers and got an email about the upgrade of the software. it seems there are more templates inside the new version.

I remember before purchasing I talked to staff about adding more templates, and they promised they will add more over time. have they been added into the software automatically? I'm not sure.

So the question is, should I now pay another $10 to have more templates now?

Thanks

The new set is a  100 % new edition.... ...entirely new templates and elements. It is separate set...It is a different product.It is well worth the investment.

There has never been templates added to an existing set in the entire time I have been a customer (since 2003+). There have been new editions. Updates ...they effect the software behavior . There are no templates added. are free and announced in emails.

Here is a screen shot of the installing directions. You will see that the contents name is a different name totally than your current content. So it is a new edition not an added content situation.

Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 9.23.07 AM.png

What Katie said.  The 'software', The Creator 7, is a FREE update and as far as I know, always will be. Templates and element sets are sold as individual sets and are added to the 'software' after installation. Although, keep your eyes open, Marc has been known to give away free graphics from time to time! You may have to answer a survey, or simply be on line at the right time, but it has happened!

Several options here. If you want to stick to the desktop only version, there is a monthly club ( subscription) you can join that will save you money on the purchase of additional template sets.

Or you can join the Web Graphics Creator, on line only version, and have instant access to everything. That is a monthly subscription too.

Or you can continue to simply buy the graphics packs that you want.

As Katie mentioned, the NEW eCover Authoring Package is well worth the investment. Not only are there more templates, they are better templates and you will then have the ability to add your own 'mock ups' to TC7 and 'map out' a drop zone on them thereby creating your own eCover template. It's really pretty cool!

Let us know if you need more information.

Oh, one more quick note. The only 'Staff' at Laughingbird is Marc, Lisa and Dave. Everyone else, including the mods and admins here on the forum are simply users of the software same as you. We help out when we can, but really, Marc and Lisa have the final say. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KD-did said:

Here is a screen shot of the installing directions. You will see that the contents name is a different name totally than your current content. So it is a new edition not an added content situation.

Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 9.23.07 AM.png

I have Logo Libraries and Logo Elements in that path already. what's supposed to be new? is this for The Creator 7.2.9?

What Katie was talking about is the NEW eCover Authoring Templates. Yes, they are for TC7, v7.2.9. If you do not have the latest version, you should update and it is free.

What she was trying to show is that there is already an eCover directory, but the NEW package is called eCover Authoring so that it will not overwrite what you already have if you install it.

The problem with the original eCovers, you may have noticed, is that not all the corners line up. Takes a bit of fudging to get everything square.

The new package is much better designed and looks fantastic. Plus you have the ability to adjust the 'drop zone' area, or create a whole new drop zone on any graphic you add.

Let me know if you still need more information.

13 minutes ago, Marani said:

I have Logo Libraries and Logo Elements in that path already. what's supposed to be new? is this for The Creator 7.2.9? 

Those are the name of the two files where the templates for the different edition and the logo elements are stored. They have to remain for the program to work.

Okay, in a nutshell. 

The OLD eCover product had 50 eCover templates and 64 3D mockups

The NEW eCover product has 75 eCover templates and 85 3D mockups.

PLUS with the NEW eCover product, you have the ability to adjust the size of the drop area. You have the ability to create a drop area from scratch and match it to any mockup you have! This is huge!

Both products have the same elements.

• Like 1