pego99

Question about the Lady Gaga Business Card design

This card design has a black box on the bottom with white lettering inside. The Black box appears to be 2 black boxes side by side. WHY? Why not have one box? How are these created? I would like to change to a white box with black lettering. How would this be done please?

Hi, easy enough to change.

The reason for 2 boxes eludes me. Marc creates these templates and he may have just been on bad drugs! Kidding of course! I deleted 1 box and stretched the second a little to make it fit. No problems.

As far as your color changes, that is easily done in The Creator.

Below is the original card, and the modified card. Start by opening TC7 and selecting the Lady Gaga business card. Delete 1 of the black boxes by selecting it, and pressing your delete key. ( I'm using a Windows computer. If you are on a MAC your keys may be different. ) Select then position the other box how you want it.

I changed the text color first, simply because I found it easier. Select the text you want to modify. You'll get the 'Text Menu' displayed on the left. Select 'Color'. You will have to do 2 things here. First, move the color slider to select 'black'. It will actually look gray. Then move the 'Text Opacity' slider to 100%. This will make your text black and it will blend in to the box and vanish. Don't worry about that. It's still there. Select the other white text and do the same.

Then select the box by clicking on it somewhere other than where the text was. You'll see the 'Image Menu' on the left. Same as with the text. Select Color. Click on 'Colorize' and move the color picker to 'white'. Your box will look gray. Move the opacity slider to 100% and it will be white and your black text will be seen.

The opacity slider can become annoying. If you select the text, or the box after moving the slider to 100%, it will go back to 50%. This is simply the default setting. You will have to go to the color menu for the text or box and move it back to 100% again.

And there you have it. Your card should look like the one below. Of course, you will be changing the text to meet your needs.Good luck!

modified.jpg

original.jpg

I think it was done  to allow spacing. THat way thinngs could stay on the same plain but still be given a wide space.