I have a problem with Paypal. I would like to have the monthly membership. But since I am probably from Germany Paypal does not do that. Unfortunately, I have no credit cards. Is there any other way to pay the $ 27 a month ???

I would double check on that being able to use Paypal in Germany. It maybe just your bank that doesn't permit Paypal activity.

It's PayPal Katie. I've run into this before too. You can use PayPal to make a single purchase, you just cannot have recurring (monthly) payments. Germany considers it a security issue. With PayPal, it's a process. I've never set it up on my website, but you are suppose to be able to do it. Marc will have to set this up. Probably will have to contact PayPal depending on how much he knows about the API settings. But it should be doable.

Basically, for Germans, you buy a product 1 time. This generates a transaction ID. Then the website owner can generate a script to bill again at specific times, for a specific amount. It still will not trigger automatically. Once a month, or however often, the website owner will trigger Reference Transactions. The buyer then gets the bill and has to approve it. Then PayPal will process the bill.

Setup is the key. Then the website owner simply has to trigger it manually once a month. It's an added hassle that most will not bother with unless they have enough buyers to make it worth the effort. Marc may choose to create a 'secret page' where a user can go and make a 1 time payment to maintain membership status. But he'll then have to monitor those users to insure payment each month. Also a hassle. Just no easy way around this except to use a payment option other than PayPal.

snap2.png.0b95926dfb8a0a216a2b67c42c7a5f20.png