Forum Update Alert:
  • Forum Update
  • Hi everybody! Bare with me as I fix up this forum. The database crashed and I had to rebuild. Almost done. - Marc. Nov, 6th

Hy, because we have clients who are vehicle Graphics designers and it would be better for them if we send a pdf so they can use the cut line on the logo and text. 

This would be a lot fast if we could do that rather than us converting logo into pdf then sending the pdf.

So if we could have the export pdf option plus if anyone of the users of the software wants to show an example

I'm pretty sure the following is 100% accurate....

It really wouldn't make any difference if you could export it as a pdf for one reason: exports are only done at 72 ppi.  You can only stretch an image with 72ppi  so far before you get distortion to the image- scaling a 6 x 6" image up to 4 x 4 feet for example.

Equate it with a ball of pizza dough.  You can only make the pizza crust so big before it starts to thin out and tear apart. 

Now, with a program that works with vector images, you typically can define the resolution (the ppi) of the exported image.  There is no reason to export an image at a resolution of 1200 ppi if it's just for web use--- 72 ppi works fine.

With a vector program you can export an image as a pdf typically, and it reduces the file size quite a bit, without a loss of quality.  I have such a program, and I can export an image as high as 4800dpi, and as a pdf.

PDF file are great to use when you have a large document with multiple images and lots of text--- the document is compressed to the pdf format without a loss of quality to the images.  That's why a MS publisher document- such as a flyer, may be 16MB in size in publisher, but only 3MB in size as a pdf.  

Because the creator uses raster images  (png and jpg), those exported images are exported at a resolution (72 ppi) which works fine for websites, and other generic uses where the final image is displayed on the web.

The limiting factor in having the image able to export as a pdf is the original image resolution- which is only 72 ppi.

Many users seem to think that having images exportable as pdf's is a "solution" to print large graphics at a high resolution.  

Multiply the image size, lets call it 500 x 500.  That results in 250,000 bytes of info to work with at 72ppi- the output of the creator.    Triple that size to 1500 x 1500.  You would think that's only 3 times the info to work with, however, it's actually 10 times the amount of data when compared to the 500 x 500  canvas size, or 2,500,000 bytes of info to work with.

eye1.png

2017-11-07_131653.png

• Like 1