Forum Update Alert:
  • Forum Update
  • Hi everybody! Bare with me as I fix up this forum. The database crashed and I had to rebuild. Almost done. - Marc. Nov, 6th
JCDVoice

Can't Access (or see) Any Templates Through The Creator

Today, I no longer have access to my templates through the Creator (vr. 7.2.9). 

MacOS 10.9.5
I launch The Creator, click Select a Template Set then select a template set and it comes up empty. See screenshot. The templates are located at user\Documents\Laughingbird Documents\Logo Libraries. The last time I work with TC was August 1. 

I've tried deleting TC and replacing with a fresh copy, restarting TC (several times), and restarted my Mac. 

I'm sure it's something obvious I'm missing. Help!!!

Chris

LittleSnapper.png

You are running Maverick? I don't think TC 7.2.9 is compatible with Maverick, the "engine' is totally different.I am running Sierra with zero issues

• Like 1

I've been running 7.2.9 since it became available (in January, I think) and up to this point has been running on Mavericks without issue.  

Nope. I have one directory at user\Documents\Laughingbird Documents\ and it contains two subdirectories: Logo Elements and Logo Libraries. 

LittleSnapper.png

Also, I just tried to create a new template through File-> New Template and got an error:

Unable to save template files

Have you looked at the files and made sure if there was actual content there? Have you checked and made sure you still have Adobe Air on board?

You need Adobe Air, latest version, for TC7 to work. You might simply try and download it and install it. See what happens. I am not a MAC user, but seems to me that it would be a security  issue, or some other setting on your computer that has changed. TC7 cannot change. Has your MAC had ANY updates installed lately?

Downloaded and ran the Adobe AIR installer. It updated what was already on my Mac. Still no joy. ? The machine is stable.  No recent system or software updates have been applied. 

Did you delete the Laughingbird Document folder with the 2 files inside? The software DOES NOT  overwrite the file and put missing files in. It is seeing them as being there so it doesn't install them.Try again and make sure you download the FREE template files and install them

.Adobe Air is an ABSOLUTE need for running TC.

I removed the LaughingBird Documents folder and downloaded the Business Card Creator and installed that. Launched TC and like magic it worked. Then I copied all the files (templates) back to their respective folders, except for those created new by TC. I'm able to access everything. COOL! 

Thank you KD-did! You should feel a big warm hug right about... now. ? 

Glad that you can again enjoy using your TC. Thanks for letting readers know what you did to get things working again.

Now if I can get my internet running so I can respond in a timely manner .....couldn't get to the thread and then would time out.....when I did respond......hopefully things will be as they should be. I was in a hot spot (on the Oregon coast) for the eclipse so because of travelers and news crews we were having issues beyond the usual tourist trade.

JCD VOICE seems like he was having the same problems I'm having on my mac. 

I'm reading all this to try to fix my problems but have a crazy question... what is TC

Maybe this will help me as I have no templates and no graphics.

On 8/24/2017 at 10:58 AM, JCDVoice said:

Launched TC and like magic it worked. Then I copied all the files (templates) back to their respective folders, except for those created new by TC.

Hi Chris... before I start I have a couple of questions:

When you said you removed the LaughingBird Documents folder... did you put them in the trash or just move them somewhere?

Another light bulb moment... the Business Card Creator (not a file).  You've really helped me to understand and thank you!

Hi Chris... Thank you so much!  I moved the LB Documents to drop box and installed the Business Card Creator like you mentioned. 

Thanks to you, I now I have The Creator and the Business Card Elements.  :D  I still haven't been able to get the templates and I don't think I have Logo Libraries.  I'll try to tackle this tomorrow.  If I can't finish this tomorrow, I may be asking for more help.

You're a jewel.  :1bigsmile: