Welcome to The Laughingbird Software Community

Hi! And welcome to the NEW Forum for Laughingbird Software!

(Register as a new user, this login system is different than your Laughingbird Download area)

Once registered and logged in, you'll be able to contribute to this awesome community by submitting your own content or replying to existing content.

You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in. :D

Ictdog

Background into silhouette image

I have used LC for a while with the normal modifications that it is known for...I now have a need to fill in a silhouetted motorcycle image with a background I have. What do I need to make the silhouette image to take a background layer? I have used Gimp a lot but I don't know how to make this happen. Any ideas? Or is there a way in LC to do the same?

There is the make a "mask" approach and the  use of  a motorcycle dingbat... and do it all in TC.

Do you know how to make a "photo mask"???? The process of "masking"?

What file format is the motorcycle...transparent png or jpg?

I freely offer help to do it for you.

https://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com/forum/topic/95-how-to-put-an-image-into-any-shape/

1 person likes this

This is a quick mask of a motorcycle gas tank. Place on canvas atop of your desire photo. Then export as a PLAIN .png. The white shape is empty space.Use your Gimp to remove the yellow from around your photo image/s.

motor tank mask.png

3 people like this

You mean like this? :D Easy peasy!

gt1.png.9c3fdf6a11749c791059a27523d209c2.png

gt2.png.903401a33a4cdf96e9458a214a609c70.png

2 people like this

Yep!!!! Pretty snazzy the way you did that. Adds more interest to the image.

1 person likes this

I got as far as the colorize the image and I got lost using Gimp...I'm not sure how to make the mask from here? I can't find how to format the canvas in Gimp...I feel really stupid right now...AARRGGHH!!

Rider Rt.png

Two step process..To make the mask....First remove the black and save as a Transparent .png. Put on canvas with your picture and/or pictures under neath. Export that as a plain .png. Next remove the blue with Gimp. Then you will have an image shape filled with the images you. want.

The grey was left for detail.

The white is completely hollow.

5990855e9e7be_RiderRt.png.4aaf015fbd05c41a9d4da2f5005e1947 copy.png

BTW if you don' t want the gray details just color mask in TC 1 color. Proceed as above.

To remove the black in GIMP, simply use the 'fuzzy select' tool. Click on a black area, then press the DEL key and it should become transparent. This is if you are using a PNG graphic. Otherwise I think you have to use 'Color to Alpha' to make it transparent. If you are doing many areas, make sure to save from time to time so you don't have to start over if something goes awry!

1 person likes this