Welcome to The Laughingbird Software Community

Hi! And welcome to the NEW Forum for Laughingbird Software!

(Register as a new user, this login system is different than your Laughingbird Download area)

Once registered and logged in, you'll be able to contribute to this awesome community by submitting your own content or replying to existing content.

You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in. :D

Unubis

Images Stuck

Recently after not using the Creator for a while, I have gone back to it only to find the logos I have created and when I try to make a new one I can not move the images within it. And when I import an image it puts it in the centre of the canvas and it also can not be moved. I have tried to move (drag & drop) images from the data base with no luck as well. It is as if the canvas is locked and can not be altered, even when its a newly created image. 

Any suggestions please?

Are you using a MAC, or PC?

Sounds like a MAC. If so, please check that you have the most current version of the software. v7.2.9  If not, please update and see if you still have the problem.

https://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com/updates/

Let us know if you are using the latest version, and still have a problem.

1 person likes this

Thanks. Its ba Mac and I have downloaded the latest and its ok, but now when I'm trying to curve text but I'm after a curve not a circle it breaks the works up. It should say Chloe's Faerie Jewellery but it separates the words.

Untitled.jpeg

TC7 is not really very good at circle text. Though it depends on the font. Some fonts work better than others. TC7 was never designed as a full fledged graphics editor. Some users find another program that will do circle text, then save that as a transparent png and import that image into TC7.

1 person likes this

Shame. The old version use to be a lot easier to use.

That text circle text thing drives me nuts.First look to your own apps for a work around using a desktop publisher or other word processing applications. If it is an embedded font look for it and install it to the system fonts.The other option is to use a text generator (scroll down on page) http://www.picturetopeople.org/text_generator/others/transparent/transparent-text-generator.html

Also remember things have changed which does cause you computer to think about the process instead of just doing it.

1 person likes this

Unfortunately to me, this program is flawed and takes up too much of my time. An Apple Mac is no less of a computer than a pc and should not be considered 2nd place to design software. I have spent too many hours with this program to consider it worthy for me to use and each time I select "undo" I get a random reverse moment. Its uneconomical of my time to use this any more and shall continue my efforts with Adobe Fireworks CS5 (And old and well trusted program).

I am a Mac user also. The circle font thing is an issue. Go for a work around and then import it from another source as an image file.

Ended up using my trusted Fireworks. They came up a treat and I can modify any part of the design at will.

CFJ B:Card.jpg

Pip G P.jpg

BFC BCard.jpg

With any logo specific type software, curved text is hard to work with, if it's even a feature.   In typography, kerning is the process of adjusting the spacing between characters in a proportional font, usually to achieve a visually pleasing result, and that's a problem when working with text.   Even in PowerPoint when you apply a text effect the Kearning can be off-- but PP actually is apply simply morphs to the text, and is some cases even those morphs can be wonky.

1 person likes this