Welcome to The Laughingbird Software Community

Hi! And welcome to the NEW Forum for Laughingbird Software!

(Register as a new user, this login system is different than your Laughingbird Download area)

Once registered and logged in, you'll be able to contribute to this awesome community by submitting your own content or replying to existing content.

You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in. :D

gcuneo2

TIPS AND TRICKS!

I've been using the software for over 14 years now.... I've got lots of tips, and "tricks"..... Here's an easy one:  You can run version 5.0 of the older "Logo Creator" off of a thumb drive!

tip4.png

1 person likes this

This is a photo of an old mining car sitting outside a fancy restaurant in Canada....

tip 7.png

1 person likes this

This image was done entirely in PowerPoint, using a template from PowerPoint 2016!    This is a really good tip by the way!

Want to make your own.png

2 people like this

Yes, When your output is needed at 300 DPI....

300dpi.png

1 person likes this

I Use PowerPoint to make comic strip layouts, this one took me about a minute to make up.

Just download it, then import it into a blank canvas- you then "build" your strip on top the the image!

comic 1.png

2 people like this

It's all about keeping things simple and using all of the tools you have!  Great idea Glenn!

55 minutes ago, gcuneo2 said:

I Use PowerPoint to make comic strip layouts, this one took me about a minute to make up.

Just download it, then import it into a blank canvas- you then "build" your strip on top the the image!

comic 1.png

Originally posted on July 21st, 2017.....

Make your own see through templates!  In this image, which I scanned in from one of my old comic books.  Using photoshop elements (GIMP is free and can do it) I erased some of the old ads, to create "see thru" areas-- which are the white parts you see.

This technique works great with the computer screens found the the 3D e cover templates!
EXPORT THE UNEDITED TEMPLATE to a photo editing program. Erase the screen area, save the image as a png.  Open a blank canvas, import that image you just erased the screen from.  Want to put a video in that image?   IN YOUR VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARE:  add your image you made with the see through screen, ad your video , send it to the rear!  

This  is a very quick test  video I made, using the technique described above.

TO USE THE COMICS IMAGE:  Import into a blank template, add any image SEND TO BACK!   Two images uploaded, one small, one big. The first photo is just to show you the comic page see thru template being used. 

test1138.png

comics.png

testcomics.png

2 people like this

You can make your own sized blank templates, and have them ready to go!   I made a bunch of pre-sized templates: Various phone screen sizes, premade social media, etc.... perfect for printing pre-sized flyers, images for display as backgrounds on phones, I even have some pre sized in another library just for mailing labels.

I did all this before the social media template set came out.

I've made the template size 3 times as big as the actual printed size needed, for things I will never use online, such as the mailing labels: That will produce 300DPI output!

If you want to give it a try: For each blank template you have to put 1 item ON THE BLANK CANVAS, such as an image or even the "type text here" you see: the program gets confused sometimes with a blank, saved template.

Once you make your pre sized templates:  Create a new folder (but please don't name it MY TEMPLATES) in your LOGO LIBRARIES directory, and put them in that new folder, NOT your "my templates" directory.  Doing so prevents you from accidentally overwriting the templates- and they are treated as a true template- just like those in all the add on sets.

2017-07-22_123454.png.de8041bbbf8663baee7a7a0dc85a634f.png

1 person likes this

Posted July 23rd, 2017

tip11.thumb.png.64496aea00a498cd7d646099970ed176.png

1 person likes this