Your opinions please

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by Darrin, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Darrin

Darrin

[​IMG]

Any thoughts on improvements?

2. KD-did

KD-did

I like what I see, however, there maybe a better choice of font. It just seems a little too tattered looking. It is somewhat distracting.

3. Darrin

Darrin

Thanks. I will experiment with different fonts and post back. :D

4. KD-did

KD-did

5. Darrin

Darrin

Great site Katie thanks. I bookmarked it. Heres what I came up with so far.
    [​IMG]

6. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

Better font.
    Looks a little busy to me though. Keep it simple.

If you want to keep the tablet in the background, add a white outline to the tag line. "Institute of America" gets lost. Or better yet, I suggest keeping the "The" of the tag line under the "B" and "America" under the "S". So it all looks alligned and clean. And maybe drop the opacity(fade) of the tablet.

Annnnd one last thing...You don't need the drop shadow for "bteministries.org" There are to many letters. The more text the best to keep it simple with no effects. Leave that to the titles. Makes sense? For now it looks god. Keep working at it.

mmkay

7. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Darrin.
    Welcome to the forum!

Personally, seeing both of your logos, I like the 1st one! I actually think the font (in the first one) works well with your image. Very biblical!

I do agree with Borp however. You may want to drop the opacity a bit for the tablet!

- Marc

8. Darrin

Darrin

Thanks. Of both of them I like the first best also. I think Ill keep working off of that one. Heres the latest. What about the opacity of the scroll? Should I decrease it more or increase it? Or stick with the original showing less of the scroll? Thanks for all the help
    [​IMG]

9. KD-did

KD-did

Using the first font try using an image of bark or wood as the color. IMHO it gives it the old look but softens the tattered look.

10. jamirae

jamirae

I like the last one there, but the image with the cross on the left now looks too "clean" or sharp compared to the rest. And I agree about the font.. I like the tattered old look .. just seems more biblical to me. :)

Borpean.. .. cute typo you got there..
    hee hee

And Katie.. thanks for that font link! darn.. yesterday I was searching all over google for a small caps font and everyone that said it was "free" ended up taking me to a page where I could add it to my cart for anywhere from $29.99 to $118.99 !!

I ended up finding a font that worked on a corel CD that I have, but this link is great!

11. Darrin

Darrin

Thanks for all the help with this. Very helpful. :) This software has made it pretty easy to create decent logos. Heres what I have now.
    [​IMG]

12. jamirae

jamirae

looks pretty good! one last thing I'd try is to set the kerning.. er, I mean spacing on the letters in the line "The Bible Translation... " increase it so that the line is the same width as the text above it.

try it and see how it looks.

13. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

Looks god! ahem...
    Um yea. sorry bout that. I was caught up in the Logo :o

See? No drop shadow makes it stand out more.

I agree with Jamirae, the image with the cross does look sharp compared to the rest. BUT, you can always play around with both styles, for bizz card, letterhead etc. The cross as a stand alone logo would look cool and the rest in text format??? hmm?
    These are just ideas, it's up to you what you think looks good for your business.

Looks goooood. :D

14. KD-did

KD-did

Here is the font using wood image...which may or may not balance the Cross' image.

15. LogoCreek

LogoCreek

Darrin

First let me also welcome you. Very nice!
    here is my 2cents

I like the look of the first design

I don't think you need the url at the bottom of the design.

I would add a small " .org" below or to the right of the word Ministries

stick with the original showing less of the scroll and drop the opacity

- Erik
    www.LogoCreek.com

16. Posty

Darrin,

Looks great buddy. I must agree, I like the first also. It looks more athentic.