Your opinion please

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by wvannoy, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wvannoy

wvannoy

I'm brand new to this (not too original I know, but it's true I tell you). I'm not even sure I'm posting or attaching right.

I need a logo fast for a newsletter I'm helping with for my company. Our office is in the Caribbean (which explains the palm trees...get it? Smile) They have green monkies and parrots too, but neither clip art is available to me.

It looks okay, but doesn't really knock my socks off. Any suggestions would be appreciated. You are a great bunch of talented people to take the time to do this.

Thanks,

Just Bill

Attached Files:

2. KD-did

KD-did

3. Flotsom

Flotsom

Hi! wvannoy!

Here's a quick idea ... I'll keep working on some more. Did you want this to cover the whole width of you newsletter like a letterhead or just a logo size like this?

4. wvannoy

wvannoy

Thanks Katie.

5. wvannoy

wvannoy

Thanks Flot. Good to hear from you again. And your idea is beautiful. What I had in mind was just a logo that would be in the upper left hand corner, but now that you mention it, a banner could work too. Thanks again.

6. Flotsom

Flotsom

Or this for a corner logo idea ... maybe

7. wvannoy

wvannoy

Very unique. Thanks.

8. D RAT2

D RAT2

Here's one that's a little different..

9. Shelly

Shelly

well here goes

Attached Files:

10. denhom

denhom

Perhaps if we know a little about this company, a more appropriate design can be rendered.

11. wvannoy

wvannoy

I'm sorry, but I've been away from my computer for a few days and was surprised to see all the wonderful repsonses and ideas. Thanks so much for taking the time to try and help me. I have sent over a dozen ideas to my company on this and they just got back to me today. Wouldn't you know, they picked the first one I sent, which was simply a photo montage banner of the area with the text in one corner. I created it before I even started with this great software. They turned down some cool designs (in my opinion), so I'm a little discouraged right now. But, I won't give up. I'm hooked on this software and am looking for ways to use it again. Thanks again everyone.

12. Flotsom

Flotsom

Hi Bill!

Congratulations on getting your work picked!! :banana That's great!
    Do NOT be discouraged! Trust me, you'll find plenty of uses for TLC, and having any work picked is a compliment and an avenue to showing more. Besides, having had work I liked turned down as well, I can say with confidence, "there's no accounting for some people's taste!":lol: The important thing is that you have a happy customer ... one leads to two, two to four, & four will get you more ... do dah, do dah! (sorry, got carried away)

You should post (if you can) what they liked, just by way of showing what one business was attracted to ... an eye opener for us all, perhaps. :)

:beer:

13. Ultimate

Ultimate

This software only gets better and better the more you use it..... There are many creative minds using this software :WOW1:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.