Wrong price on purchase!

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by BassDaddy, May 11, 2004.

1. BassDaddy

BassDaddy

I just purchased the $99 123 Combo package - through the forum link and yes I have cookies enabled. This was for the software only, no add-ons. Hoping that it would somehow provide the discount at the time of purchase I went for it and this is what it told me:

How do I get this taken care of?

A secondary concern was that the address showed https but the lock on my browser never locked. What's up with that?

2. KD-did

KD-did

Get a quick PM off to Marc (Laughingbird).

3. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

BassDaddy wrote me.
    I've compensated him!

It was my bad. I had written the cookie (the discount) to expire in 2005, but it has apperantly expired a year early! :0

My eCommerce provider (http://www.digitalriver.com) has revamped the entire system on the back end. I guess I missed this link when I updated my price sheets and the cookie set itself back to the current year.

I dunno - but I'm fixing it asap :)

- Marc

4. BassDaddy

BassDaddy

Thanks Marc, fast response and excellent customer service! :35:

5. derfall

derfall

It happened to me, too on June 7th so the problem hasn't been fixed as yet. This is almost a month after Bass Daddy experienced the same problem.

Art Derfall

6. jamirae

jamirae

Art,

sorry you havent' gotten that resolved. Did you contact Marc about it? It's best to send him a PM (private message) through the forums as he's having email issues.

7. Mr Laughingbird

This link is still spitting out the $139?
    Uh-oh.

Sorry you guys! I'm yanking this offer until I can fix whatever is reverting.
    The actual price is $139, but I have a special script hooked up (for visitors to this forum only) that should discount it to $99!

Sorry for your troubles Art.
    I'll have a look at this asap.

- Marc

8. derfall

derfall

Thanks Marc.

I love the software! There are some excellent artists behind the templates.

I'll sign up to be an affiliate. If someone ends up at the $99 special via an affiliate link, would it still be commissionable? It would be a problem if they purchase it at the $139.95 price and a day later discover it on the same site for $99.

ART

9. Mr Laughingbird

Hi Art.
    Yes, every sale - no matter what the price of the software - will bring you $10(usd)

I've discovered the problem behind the reverting "$139" - and I've fixed it. I'll upload the announcement once again.

To compensate you for your misguided purchase :) I've emailed you personally. Check your mail.

If you do sign up to be a reseller, you won't be able to actually tell everybody about the $99 deal unless I set it up in my Commission Junction (my affiliate service) account. But, it's a great idea. I can do that :)

Thanks for the note Art!
    And welcome to the Laughingbird Forum :)

- Marc