1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Would love some help please

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by angelgirl, Jun 23, 2007.

1. angelgirl

angelgirl

Hi Everyone,

I am new here and have so much to learn.

Any idea when an instruction manual, or even a few video tutorials will be ready?

In the meantime, I have a few questions and would really appreciate some help.

I am trying to make a Order Button for my website. However the button is being saved as a .swf file and when I attach it to my XSitePro webpage where I am developing my site, I cannot see the image, only a red "x" where the image should be. Am I doing something wrong?

Once I have the answer and have this corrected, will others who visit my site be able to easily see a .swf file, or am I safer with a .gif or .jpg?

Also, on the buttons, I find they could only accept a very small amount of text. Is there a way to increase this? And is there a way to increase the size and colour of the text? Can I add my own picture to the button?

One last thing for now, where do I make a website header and footer?

Many Thanks,
    Angela

2. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Any idea when an instruction manual, or even a few video tutorials will be ready? I do not know of any manual as of yet. For now there is a tutorial area that might help get you started.

NEW! The Web Graphics Creator - by Laughingbird Software

I am trying to make a Order Button for my website. However the button is being saved as a .swf file and when I attach it to my XSitePro webpage where I am developing my site, I cannot see the image, only a red "x" where the image should be. Am I doing something wrong? Make sure the swf file is being uploaded to your host. If it is not you will not see it at all.

Once I have the answer and have this corrected, will others who visit my site be able to easily see a .swf file, or am I safer with a .gif or .jpg? I can not see any reason for someone viewing your site to not be able to see your flash button. As far as which format to use well that is up to you. The ones you listed are all popular formats.

Also, on the buttons, I find they could only accept a very small amount of text. Is there a way to increase this? And is there a way to increase the size and colour of the text? Can I add my own picture to the button? As of right now there is no way to do any of the questions you asked.

One last thing for now, where do I make a website header and footer? To do this just use the Art Center.

HTHs

3. angelgirl

angelgirl

Thank you so much for your response Chris.

I have just made a logo. I'm very excited. It was a bit of trial and error, but I managed. I obviously still need a lot of practice.

I did notice that once the text was entered it was rather large and I could not find any way to reduce it. Is there a way to do that? Or even put borders around it?

I will read through all the tutorials and I am sure I will learn a lot.

Thanks again,
    Angie

4. Chris

Chris Staff Member

You are very welcome. I am glad I can help.

Yes logo making is all trial and error. You will get the hang of it pretty fast. You will then be addicted to it. :D

This is for the Art Center:
    Now to resize your text you just click on your text then on the format button on the left and then slide the bar for scale.

To create an outline on your text. Click on your text then click on the button labeled Outline.

HTHs