would like opinions on my first website

Discussion in 'Websites reviewed' started by sharontodd, Jan 26, 2009.

1. sharontodd

sharontodd

I would greatly appreciate opinions on my first web site. We show Yorkies and will be doing another web site for the chihuahua's that we show, so input would be great. I would especially like any thoughts on how I could improve as far as SEO. I used alot of pictures of our yorkies, I hope not too many? Thank you so much in advance !!!

Sharon
    http://www.artistryyorkies.com

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Founder of Laughingbird Software Staff Member

Hi Sharon.
    Thanks for the look!

Nice use of The Logo Creator on the site.
    Like your logo.

I think the pictures should be a little more organized.
    Currently, on my monitor, I need to scroll left to right (which is technically a no-no on the net).

I would do a little research (ie Google) on how to create tables in HTML.
    This should help you greatly.

Other than that, I was showing my daughter your logo and she LOVED your puppies. Lol.

3. Nickydude

Nickydude MadLad Designs

Definitely needs more organization. Reducing the images to all the same, smaller size and displaying them in a column would help. Also try placing the menu underneath the heading on the left and center both. :)

Attached Files:

4. 2shakes

2shakes

Hey Sharon

Definitely needs more organization. Logo is awsome! Think the color might need some work to match and or blend with pics and logo. I think your on the right track. Good Job:image28:

5. Chris_Houg

Chris_Houg Staff Member

It needs some Jack Russell pictures... :image10-2:

6. gcuneo2

gcuneo2 Staff Member

totally impressed the website is still up an running. A big recommendation: If you are still using the page you probably should consider making the text larger.

ALSO: the sliding image thing at the bottom of the page: Move it to the top--- no one really cares what's at the bottom of the web page--- as an average user I wouldn't even scroll down to see what's there simply because of the small text.

I've looked at every page, and actually kinda enjoy it, lots of info to keep me interested. But please: Make the text bigger- The website would be a bear to view on a mobile device like a smart phone or tablet.

snginc likes this.
  7. Gwpooler

Gwpooler

Sharon,
    I really like the logo and the color scheme. I have to agree with the other posts on the thread especially about the size of the text.
    Greg