Word Art for TLC?

Discussion in 'Resource & Recommendations' started by thriftychic, Nov 20, 2004.

?

WordArt incorporated into TLC software?

Poll closed Nov 30, 2004.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. thriftychic

thriftychic

Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie, been doing lots of flyers and posters for a couple years with Microsoft Publisher and recently thoroughly checking out TLC! I intend on purchasing and trying to earn a little cash doing some logo design work.

Will TLC ever have a function like microsofts word art? I hope I am not being too ambitious in asking this question but I really feel if it did, wow you could really create just about any logo you wanted!

Looking forward to seeing the replies on this post, let me know who else out there loves Word Art and would love to see it incorporated into this wonderful TLC software package!

Thrifty Chic

2. KD-did

KD-did

thriftychic, when TLC doesn't offer you enough effects why not just import it as an element from your favorite program/s?

3. thriftychic

thriftychic

That is what I have been doing, but it is limited, for example you need to think ahead and edit the image exactly as you want it before you import it into TLC. It would just save quite a few steps if the wordart was incorporated - then you could make the changes right in the program and use all the cool effects the program has to offer for text!

4. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

But this also takes many many hours of coding, testing, recoding, more testing, etc... Every feature added is more code and time. Perhaps Marc has bigger/better plans for TLC in the future. Time will tell. But for now, he is doing an admirable job with TLC. It's still a fairly young program with huge potential.

You have to remember too, Marc and TLC is a miniscule operation when compared to the behemoth Microsoft. Microsoft has hundreds of programmers. I don't think Marc and his team(?) are more than a few people at best(just guessing here).