won't open. adobe updated, registered, etc.

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by Dogdish, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Dogdish

Dogdish

I cannot get the program to open from either the desktop icon or the programs list in WinXP.

At first, it told me that the adobe files needed updated, (they didn't, but I updated at every link I could find, including the link I found here in the forum) but now it won't do anything.

I've downloaded multiple times, closed reopened the files and restarted more than once.

What am I doing wrong? I can't wait to use this software!

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

It helps to know what program you a referring to.

3. KD-did

KD-did

The Adobe file needed for Laughingbird Software is Adobe AIR

Dogdish likes this.
  4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

5. Dogdish

Dogdish

Yes, I have that, updated everything, still nothing. I have been billed, so I've been fighting this issue for some time.
    All I can figure is that I run a program called "Buffer Zone", but none of these files are running inside it, so it should not be an issue.

edit: I've tried running both programs inside and out of the buffer zone program, and although it acts as though it will open, nothing happens.
    I uninstalled/reinstalled AIR, but got the same results.

6. KD-did

KD-did

Your running XP isn't an issue.I have it running on my computer. The Buffer Zone could be an issue merely because a file could be the same or different in its function in both programs or because of a function within TLC. Have you tried turning off BufferZone?

Dogdish likes this.
  7. Dogdish

Dogdish

Can the issue be a hidden window? If I try to start the program twice, during shutdown I get a message saying that hidden window is shutting down, twice.
    Why would it open in a hidden window?

8. KD-did

KD-did

TLC won't or can't be opened twice so I imagine it has more to do with that. I am not a programmer and it would be wise to email Marc.

Dogdish likes this.
  9. Dogdish

Dogdish

Yes, please see the "edit" in my post above. At this point I see no alternative than to ask for a refund. Can you please give an explanation of the best course to do this?

10. Dogdish

Dogdish

In Windows Task Manager, I see "The Logo Creator..." running w/21,520K memory usage. (this is after trying to start the program.)
    It seems to be running in "processes", but not in "applications". ???
    Actually, looking through the list in "Processes", I see that I have attempted to open it twice, and it is in the list twice with the same amount (roughly) of CPU usage. (21,528K)
    ???

11. KD-did

KD-did

Where was the V6 installed? Is the "Laughingbird Software" folder containing Logo Elements and Logo Libraries in MY DOCUMENTS folder?

Dogdish likes this.
  12. Dogdish

Dogdish

KD-did! Thank you so much for keeping up with me on this! Spectacular Effort.

Problem solved. Removed (unistalled) BufferZone and it opened right up!

I really enjoyed the idea BZ, and surfing in a virtual zone, but now that it's uninstalled, I've lost all my history and bookmarks from the last 2 years, when I installed it. (OUCH!)

But I'm really glad it's gone now, so I guess I have the Logo Creator to thank for that... and thank you again for all your help and support.

BTW, Yes, to your above question, and I also had tied to copy the file to another location, in case it wasn't able to find it. So, we were thinking alike!

13. KD-did

KD-did

I am sooo glad you stuck with it and everything is running smoothly, BZ is the only program that I have heard of in conflict with TLC. Sorry to hear you lost your bookmarks. I wonder if a "search" of your computer might locate a folder held over.

Dogdish likes this.
  14. Dogdish

Dogdish

Going to try, thank you for the idea!:D