1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Wish List

Discussion in 'The eCover Creator' started by HomeBiz, Jul 26, 2005.

1. HomeBiz

HomeBiz

Marc,

It would really be nice if we could control the shadows and mirror of the images in the future.

Thank you
    HomeBiz

:Homer:

2. HomeBiz

HomeBiz

Marc,

Also when turning the software boxes etc, the background color window keeps popping up can you move it to a menu?

Drives me nuts LOL! :rant:

Thank you
    HomeBiz

3. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Actually, that is a pain so i second that request!
    :rant:
    MD

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Interesting.

I'll see if I can change that.
    Something like holding the SHIFT key down in order to get the background color.

- Marc

5. richardwing

richardwing

I would like to be able to customize the front and back buttons somehow....

It would be cool if we could add a small little logo or image with a hyperlink if we wanted to the little branding spot.

Also adding a hyperlink to the actual rotating product cover would be great too.

I dont want to have people that sell the same similar ebooks and software products that I do steel and use my flash graphics that I update and modernize.

Being able to hyperlink the covers and/or a little branding area would deter that.

6. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Ability to create hyperlinks inside the flash file that would be cool, you could link directly to a product info page or something. This can't in ECC but if you get (trail Versions) of flashdecompiler and flashmx you can export flash movie(.swf) from ECC, then use the flash decompiler to turn it into .FLA then open the .fla in Flashmx, add your link and save as flash movie (.swf)
    So if you realy want to protect your creations from being abused you can.
    MD

7. Mr Laughingbird

Interesting suggestion!
    Version 2.5 feature :)

I do have this ability in the upcoming Flash Ad Creator ... so the technology is there!

- Marc

8. chuck evans

chuck evans

This is off subject but with all of the great things we can with eCover Creator wouldn't it be fantastic if there was also a module for creating headers! Wishful thinking?

chuck

9. Mr Laughingbird

Cool trick to try with eCover Creator

Hi Chuck!
    It's not really off the topic at all! AND, you can create a page header right now!

Try using the "Art Center" (Module 1) to design your header!
    Stretch the Canvas to banner size and create your text. Add drop shadows, gradients... and export it as a jpg! (there are two export menu options. One exports to the 3D modules, the other simply exports your created image!)

Want to try something cool?!

Create a 3D box (in the Photorealistic menu). Click on the "SAVE" icon (the floppy disk). When the dialog box appears, name the file "MyFile.PNG" (add a dot PNG to the end of the name).

This will export your 3D image as a PNG with no background.

Launch the 1st module (the "TLC-like" engine).
    Create what you like. Then IMPORT the PNG file you just saved!

WAY cool ideas come from this. You can create a big ad for your site with an image of your 3D eCover!

Check out the file I've attached!

- Marc

Attached Files:

10. chuck evans

chuck evans

Thanks Marc, I'll give it a whirl!

chuck

11. Jeri

Jeri

Adding to the Wish List

Hi Marc,

Things I would like to see added...

1) Ability to minimize the whole program from the Art Module, Photo Realistic Module or Flash Module.

2) Use of Delete Key on the keyboard.

3) Ability to Right Click on the background for the option to set background color.

4) Option to use an image or 2 - tone gradient color as background.

5) Ability to export a complete 3D image as a 3D project. For later retrieval as a 3D image for changes or new view.

6) Export to 3D menu option: Export this as Video Insert.

That's it for now - Thanks!! :thankyou:
    Jeri

12. Jeri

Jeri

Hi Marc,

New Wish - In Photo Realistic Module. Option to change Export Resolution to at least 300 dpi. Setting the Art Module Export Resolution doesn't seem to effect the Photo Realistic Module. It stays at 72 dpi even holding the SHIFT key down.

Thanks!
    Jeri