wish list for v3.5+++ (v4.0?)

Discussion in 'Wish list for future releases' started by jamirae, Dec 16, 2003.

1. jamirae

jamirae

Would this now be Wish List for v4.0?? :)

I would like to be able to make a large size graphic (larger than my monitor) then view it zoomed in or out and have scroll bars on the side if necessary. (does that make sense?)

I'd like for my ctrl key short cuts to work (I will post about that in the rants and raves when I finally get around to noting exactly which ones don't work.. but I think it's all of them)

2. Lats

Lats Staff Member

Thank you for pointing that out :eek:

3. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Yes - I think I understand. You want a feature similiar to Photoshop ... a Zoom tool? Or, are you looking to actually create a HUGE image and simply want to see parts of it on your canvas.

If you have Photoshop (judging from your excellent work, I can assume you do :) )
    There's an incredible Plug-In out there from Extensis . It's called SmartScale. (here's the link) .
    I've tried the demo and it works GREAT! It allows you to export an image (a normal sized TLC Logo for example), bring it into this SmartScale program and blow it up 1400% with little loss in quality! You can then use Photoshop to expand the DPI. In theory, you can have a full 8X10 image at a resolution of 600dpi!
    Give it a shot if this is what you're looking for!

They should all work now in v3.5
    ... no? Mine do! (make sure you're actually using v3.5. Check the version number under the 'about TLC' option under Window.

- Marc

4. bluejade

bluejade Staff Member

Control keys now seem to break in Windows after a time. They used to work only in Windows, but the fix for Mac seems to break them on Windows after a certain amount of use.

Will be fixed soon.

Regards,

bluejade

5. jamirae

jamirae

actually this is what I was thinking of, but now that I see that smartscale thing.. whoa! that is totally cool! Unfortunately, no I dont use photoshop.. .. I use PaintShop Pro (have since they were shareware back at about version 2 I think) and I have the macromedia suite of products. I know photoshop is probably the best and, especially seeing smartscale, I should take the plunge and dig into my pockets and get photoshop.

that could be my problem, although I'm not even sure if the ctrl keys ever worked for me. I'm on Windoze 2k, if that makes a difference.

so... back to that zoom feature.. you thinking about adding that or ??? :)