Window Pane Header

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by wvannoy, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wvannoy

wvannoy

I need to create a header for a newsletter that contains several photographs of various scenes and close-ups of people. Rather than doing a montage of these pictures with all of them sort of blending together, I'm thinking of creating a framed window pane with about 9 or 12 windows to put each picture in. Then, using the logo creator, create a logo and text that would have the newsletter name on it. This would be pasted over the pictures somehow. Has anyone done anything like this before? Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Gravy

Gravy

Something like this?

Just a little masking with a white square will do the trick.

3. Shelly

Shelly

same thing 2 rows

Attached Files:

4. wvannoy

wvannoy

Man, you guys are fast!...and good. But, how did you do that? Photoshop? Newbee here.

5. Shelly

Shelly

This can be entirely done using TLC, using very simple techniques which you can read up in the tutorials thread called masking.

heres a pic on what basic elements one can use

Attached Files:

6. Gravy

Gravy

Yes all TLC just get your window ready. Get your inserted images and size them then send them to the back. Get a white square size and position it to cover the lower portion of the image that you don't want to see and then "send it farther" til it is behind the frame and you got it. Oh it helps to make your background a different color than white to start with so you can get the exact positioning of all the elements. The final step is to change the background to white and save and export.

Shelly is right check the tutorials on masking to acheive simple effects such as this and even more complex things can be done using TLC as a standalone editor and creative masking.

7. wvannoy

wvannoy

Thank you all. I'll give it a try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.