Win 8.1 Installation Holds No Laughingbird 6.6 Templates

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by adamf, Dec 20, 2013.

1. adamf

adamf

I need to create a logo quickly, but was suprised to discover that my installation on my new computer -- win 8.1, 64 bit -- shows none of Laughingbird Logo Creator pre-set templates. None of the elements are showing up either. How would I correct this and my for my other purchases? Thanks.

(I really hate Windows 8. This is not the only software issue I've had with it)

2. KD-did

KD-did

Start by searching your computer for DS_STORE files and delete them.

3. Carl OC

Carl OC

...Because my issues are similar to this, I tried deleting the DS_STORE files but access was denied even when TLC is not running. Why?

4. KD-did

KD-did

Try rebooting your computer now that DS_STORE has been deleted. DS_STORE is a MAC file and unneeded by Windows.

5. adamf

adamf

Hello,

I deleted DS_STORE files that I found and rebooted my computer. What's the step-by-step for template sets to be on my software RE: Win 8.1, 64 bit? Thank you.

6. adamf

adamf

I'm usually pretty easy to sell stuff to, but when I never get complete answers to my support requests, I sure don't feel inspired to buy new products you're promoting.

7. KD-did

KD-did

Sorry but as a volunteer and given next to no information all I can do assume that the DS_STORE files was your issue.The files are there but something is interfering with your seeing them. What did you use to unzip the files? Get a fresh download and make sure your Adobe Air is current .

8. adamf

adamf

Why aren't you paid? That seems like a skinflint arrangement, that someone makes a lot of money for a product, then delegates support to volunteers. Why is the developer AWOL anyway? It doesn't stop him from sending out emails selling more product. Again, I'd happily pay for it if the product I presently have were working. I didn't get the solution. My apologies for my frustration and that you are subjected to it without even being compensated. Over an extended period of time, I never got the support I needed for this, ie an actual solution that works.

What information do you need? The template folders are empty. If the latest software isn't installing properly, maybe just provide me with download link to template folders so I can manually add them? It seems to me that something is wrong with the software if it doesn't install properly on commonly used computers.

I do have the latest version of Adobe Air installed.

Here's the download link I have for the software. Is there a more current one? link....removed

The Jvzoo download no longer exists.
    http://www.thelogocreator.com/jvz/tlc6-jvz-login/
    Here's the download link I have for the software. Is there a more current one? http://removed

Thank you.

9. KD-did

KD-did

Did you have V6 and do then do the upgrade or use an earlier version and update it to V6.6? Found a post by Laughingbird that may explain your issue.

Attached Files:

10. adamf

adamf

It was V6 before, but the jvzoo link to it seems to be gone, so I I no longer have access to it.

Are you saying that the update is not stand-alone but has to be installed after a previous version was installed? I only have the update right now. The link to the update does install, but is missing stuff. After I got my new computer, due to the previous run going kaput, I had to download a lot of lost software, but don't have working access to Logo Creator, since the download link at JVZoo disappeared (as far as I can make out). Could I get a link to straight v 6.6 installation file without having to install one version, then the update? If not, how about making the jvzoo link work again, so customers who rightfully purchased it can access it?

Thank you.

11. KD-did

KD-did

The V6.6 is not a stand alone and MUST have the V6 to work. Jvzoo is an affiliate and Laughingbird has no control over it. I will try to notify Marc to see what can be done. Right now with V6.8 product release the response might be slow due to the traffic.

12. adamf

adamf

JVZoo is an affiliate marketing system. If Laughingbird has an account there, it has total control over its campaign there.

Thanks for your help. I wish Marc Sylvester was as helpful as you. It would be great to get a complete and working copy of the software I paid for.

13. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Thanks for helping KD.

AdamF -- KD is a terrific help in here. She pops in every day and I truly appreciate her being in here.

I am simply unable to get into the forum every day. If I did, there'd be no software -- I do however answer all of my own tech support tickets. And ... doing this all on my own ... I get overwhelmed.

I'm working on a solution to this.

It sounds like you tried downloading version 6.6 without having version 6.0 already installed. Did you have version 5.0 installed?

you mention:
    All of my updates are free -- and because of that, there's not really a way for me to provide the full software with the free update. If you didn't have a previous version already installed, then the update won't have anything ... to update! :D

You also mention you would like what you paid for.
    Please send me your order number (you can eMail me at http://www.thelogocreator.com/support)

Please don't be angry Adam.
    I'm not ignoring you - I'm just super overwhelmed :) Hope you understand

Marc