Why so convoluted?

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by ChadCheatham, Sep 27, 2007.

1. ChadCheatham

ChadCheatham

Hello,

I recently purchased your product and think it's great for creating nice professional looking logos.

My problems lies with the ease of use of the product (not too bad) and more importantly the problem with activating it in a timely fashion.

I as a consumer think that if I make a payment I should immediately be dispatched an activation code via email and all of the features should be available within minutes.

I purchased this via a credit card through the program itself and things are NOT working properly at all. The amount of uses left for the trial version no longer pops up but the new logos are not available.

I received an email from softwrap with my license holder and purchase ref numbers but no activation key.Your website references order numbers and passwords?! I have none of that to my knowledge. What gives?

This should really be an easy process for the market you are selling to.

Also, right after I purchase Logo Creator I see that you have a product called Corporate Identity Creator. This I find VERY upsetting because for the same listed price (39.95) you have Logo Creator and CIC and CIC appears to do everything I need. This is upsetting enough that I don't want to buy software from your company again. I feel with products that overlap one another like this you are more interested in milking money out of consumers than selling a good product at a reasonable price.

Granted it is my responsibility to shop around first and purchase what is best for me but I was already using a demo of Logo Creator before I saw CIC was available.

I think if you looked into correcting these issues both Laughingbird and it's customers would be better served.

Thank you,
    Chad Cheatham

2. ChadCheatham

ChadCheatham

I have now wasted about two hours I had set aside for this today.This has become very frustrating.

3. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

Sorry for your troubles. Curious to know where you purchased TLC. I can assure you the interest in Laughingbird is not to milk money out of consumers. Even after the demo you are encouraged to view all other products on the site as well as any help needed (links to this forum and contact etc). The price is very reasonable and on the main website www.thelogocreator.com there are links and images to all other products.
    Please contact Marc view PM (private message) so he can help you activate your key.
    I hope this helps

4. msubob

msubob

I would have to agree with ChadCheatam, as I have experienced the same issue. And to this point, no feedback from the company. It's stupid to think someone would purchase just Logo Creator when CIC is practically the same thing with more functionaility. This company seems to have some customer service problems (and not just from this forum).

Funny thing is I like the software.

Patiently awaiting a reply from "LaughingBird."

5. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hello Chad and msubob.
    I appreciate your letters.

I'm sorry (Chad) you sound so angry.
    It not my intent to 'milk money out of you'. LOL.

Think of CIC as a brand new logo Edition.
    It contains the Logo Creator engine, but also contains 50 new logos to use.

... just like the Entertainment Edition contains different logos than The Sports Edition, the CiCreator contains different logos.

It also contains the ability to create business cards.

I've recieved enough of these sorts of letters to warrent a price change. I thought I was making it all easy by offering everything at $39.95. Now I see I may need to increase the price of CIC since it adds business card features. This may aliviate the confusion as well.

The trial version you mention above Chad should unlock immediately after sending in your card! There should be no code to include. The software simply knows your card went through okay.

I will check this with Softwrap.

- Marc