1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Why is your cover showing up momentarily on mine?

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by jaykay, Jun 28, 2007.

1. jaykay

jaykay

how do i get your cover ("the web graphics creator") from appearing momentarily (long enough for everyone to see that it's "the web graphics creator" cover) and just get my cover to show?

it's the Spinning_Book.swf file that's causing the problem since your front cover isn't in the Book_Graphics folder.

it's annoying as heck to come to a new page and see the spinning book come up with your cover and then a couple of seconds later my cover comes up over it.

jay-

2. jaykay

jaykay

It's been a week since my original post. I sent the same post to "customer support" at the same time and still haven't heard from them.

3. Randy...

Randy... Guest

How about providing a link to your problem?

4. jaykay

jaykay

Link is not required because it will happen for anyone using it. All you have to do is try it on a new cover and upload it to any site. You'll see the same thing.

5. Randy...

Randy... Guest

6. jaykay

jaykay

Here's a link to a sample. When that page loads you'll see the web graphics creator cover FIRST, then the sample cover pops in over it.

Once it pops in, then if you hit the browser "refresh" button you'll see it momentarily, but to see it again like when you first visited the page, you need to empty your browser's cache and then hit refresh.

I don't want the web graphics creator cover showing up at all. It's obviously a "bug" in the software and anyone putting up a sample like mine will see the same thing.

Here's the link:

http://www.marketingbrainfarts.com/flipspin.html

This doesn't happen with the automatic spinning e cover which you can see here...

http://www.marketingbrainfarts.com/winicki.html

7. Randy...

Randy... Guest

I'm sorry, for some crazy reason, I had flip book on my mind. Yeah, I see what you mean....very annoying. I've not created a ebook, so I'm not familiar with that part of the software. Hopefully, one of the others who has more experience will pop in.

BTW - nice work on your ebooks.

8. Chris

Chris Staff Member

jaykay I will give this a try and see what happens. Will be in touch after I try it. Hang tight my friend.

9. Chris

Chris Staff Member

OK I tried it and got the same thing. I am passing this on to Marc and I will look to see if there is a fix for it also.

10. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi JayKay.

I see what you mean.
    ... no, it's not nesassarily a bug.

The eCover originally has the Web Graphics Creator cover attached to it. The Flash gizmo attached to the eBook will then read in your image. Depending on how quick your server is to 'draw' the new picture, you'll see the WGC image on the eCover.

I will create an update that will output a grey (blank) box to start with.

Hang tight - I'll be updating the entire package soon.

- Marc

11. Nickydude

Nickydude MadLad Designs

Does that mean we get shiny new bits to play with?

[offtopic]Thanks for the bonus logos Marc, they're great![/offtopic]

12. jedw411

jedw411

Has anyone received the fix for this yet? I had originally reported it months ago so I'm hoping there is something coming soon for us.