Why Does Tlc Not Work Properly????

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by skilbo, Feb 25, 2004.

1. skilbo

skilbo

I purchased the TLC coporate edition 2 recently and it's not working properly. I have also posted a request on the forum but with no reply . So here goes again. The fonts both system and embedded will not work when they are selected to change a font in a logo design, they show the first 5 fonts available and I am unable to scroll or change the font in any logo, also I am unable to change the colour of a symbol in the logo. I found an earlier ver 3 of TLC and installed that and it works fine, no problem. But when I install the corporate edition or the updater ver3.5 it will not function properly. I have upgraded to flash player 7 from Macromedia and uninstalled TLC then uninstalled my NAV then installed TLC again and it still has the same problems. I've uninstalled TLC, then installed Ver3 and it works fine, then installed ver 3 to 3.5 upgrader, its has the original problem. I've uninstalled TLC completely and installed my corporate edition 2, still the same problem. Why will ver 3 work and ver 3.5 not work??
    My system is a Pentium Intel 4 - 2.5Ghz with 512 Mb ram and the OS is Windows XP pro SP1.
    This is very frustrating and time consuming on my part, I have spent numerous hours scanning the forum for answers but all I see are similar problems and any fixes I've seen and tried don't seem to work in my case. Surely someone knows the problems and how it can be resolved.
    I do need this problem sorted soon as this is costing me big time.:fuming:
    Hope this is more to Lats liking.....:whistler:

2. jamirae

jamirae

Skilbo,

wow.. sorry you're having such a tough time with it. What I was going to suggest you have already tried. I know that Marc is pretty busy but I'm sure he'll see this post and will be able to get you running on 3.5.

Hang in there, these guys are usually pretty good about helping to get users up and running.

Lats? can you possibly help him if Marc isn't around?

3. Lats

Lats Staff Member

Sorry, only Marc and Dan know the technical stuff with the fonts, and the colour thing is a known issue.

Shame about the caps lock key being stuck too :)

4. skilbo

skilbo

What a shame!!

Sorry about the lock keys, it was a shame.
    Anyway thanks for all your help it's much appreciated sorry to have troubled you

5. jamirae

jamirae

no trouble.. really.. the forums are here to get help... have you got it to work yet? Perhaps you can send an email to Marc directly?

6. skilbo

skilbo

Have tried everything I know to resolve the problem, and still haven't got the font problem sorted out. I tried it on my other computer ( a slow Pentium 2/266Mhz machine) and the same results. I have emailed Marc but to date no reply, may have to give it up as a bad job, have spent too much time to date trying different ideas, doesn't seem worth it, have other more pressing jobs and clients are not impressed with excuses.
    Anyway thanks for your help it is appreciated.

7. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Skilbo.

First off, sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. No excuses, just incredibly swamped in eMail and trying to finish up some new software

(Yes - I'm STILL working on the eB&BCC! Dialy for those of you following this story :) )

Your font problem is very odd. There ARE a few others with this same problem, but when they deactivated Norton Antivirus, the font deal seemed to work.

I'm glad you still have v3.0 handy.

There IS a difference in the two. If you notice, v3.0 has no Font Previewing. v3.5 does ... and this is creating the conflict.

I'm having Dan look into this. It's a hard one to detect as not everybody is experiencing the problem!

If anybody reading this thread has had this problem with the fonts not scrolling, and has successfully fixed it by removing some external software (or turning off that software) - please fill us in here!

Sorry again for your troubles Skilbo! If its not Norton, I'm truly puzzled.

- Marc

8. incrediblehelp

incrediblehelp

I am having this same problem with no software or anti virus running in the back ground. Any help?