Why can't I change the yellow swoosh to solid white?

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by pego99, Aug 15, 2013.

1. pego99

pego99

Is there a way? TIA.

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Click on the swoosh once you have it on your canvas.

SELECT IMAGE COLOR, then start picking and choosing..... tada! image format.JPG

3. pego99

pego99

Thanks. I gave up too quickly as when the color is changed the opacity changes to 50% and the yellow selection border shows though but when I change the opacity to 100% and unselect its done.

gcuneo2 likes this.
  4. pego99

pego99

Actually there is a problem! If I drag the yellow swoosh and change the color to white and when I change the opacity to 100% it is white BUT when I change the opacity to 50% it shows as pale yellow WHY? Where is this yellow still coming from since the color was changed to white. Is this a bug? It would be nice to have a translucent/transparent white.

5. KD-did

KD-did

The color change in TLC is done by adding a layer to the image.... much like a layer of paint on an object and that is why the color shows through when you cut the opacity.

You could try adding a white shadow at 100% to the image and cutting the image back itself until gone . Theother option would be to use an image editor and import the image back into TLC.

gcuneo2 likes this.
  6. pego99

pego99

Ok but why can't the color of the object itself be changed?

7. pego99

pego99

Mark can you make me a white swoosh that can be partially opaque?

8. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

post the swoosh here, I'll fix it.

9. pego99

pego99

Thanks. See the attached files. Note that if you reduce the opacity of the swoosh the yellow underneath shows up.

Attached Files:

10. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Before I even look at this you are to be congratulated! You are the only other person, besides myself, that knows how to share working templates!

11. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Yes here is what it will look like. Just save the other file attached to this message. The image shows the shwoosh you provided, that I made white, at an image opacity of .47 (adjusted in the Logo creator to that opacity).

I would also recommend you add the white swoosh attached to your Swoosh folder in your logo elements library (just copy and paste it)-- that way it will show up in the pull down menus.

For custom images to show up in the pull down menus they must be in the png picture format.

HERE IS A 2 PAGE PDF DOCUMENT I made a while ago describing how to do just that!:

http://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com...0-creating-custom-libraries-of-pictures.9962/

The swoosh is the second file attached.
    I used a picture just to show you how the opacity looks using the modified white swoosh.

To use a picture for your background: Just import an image, and move it to the back. Don't use the the "Format canvas" option-- that's for solid colors only

pg2.JPG

Attached Files:

KD-did likes this.
  12. pego99

pego99

Thanks for the complement. Yes I was able to add the swoosh to a new pull down My Templates folder.
    I assume that I could not have done this myself as the original yellow swoosh is buried in the swoosh database file. Thanks for your help and education.

13. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

These are the Swooshes from version 5.0--- uzip the file into your logo elements library and you can easily change the colors to your hearts content!!

Attached Files:

14. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Of course you can them using any number of free programs--- but I use photoshop elements....