Who wants to earn some money?

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by deriksen1, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deriksen1

deriksen1

I've made the absolute gross decision purchasing this horrible joke of a program,, The Flash Ad Creator and I might as well throw more money after my inititial purchase of 40 clams...

Marc,, you should be asshamed of yourself!! I'm glad that you don't "head" General Motors..,, I can see it now... Purchasing a new vehicle using Marc's method of selling product would undoubtly involve questions like,, "Would you like a motor for your new car?"... Wow!!

I can only see two or three templates even remotely as something I'd want,, I don't know who I'm shaking my head at more? Marc? or Me? For being so stupid and buying this program...

If anyone who HAS THE TIME to have learned what else it takes to launch this thing and would like to make some money setting it up for me so as I can use it as I thought I would've been able.. email me here or deriksen1@att.net.. Yeah, throwing more money at it, but at least I'll feel I might of received something for what I paid for this... oy

Dave -- FATnSASSYmastering

2. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

Happy New Year!!

:joker:

3. blackknight

blackknight

I really want to make a comment on this, but hey it's New Years and I wish everyone a good time and next`week it will be back to normal (I hope)
    CHEERS!

4. KD-did

KD-did

I can understand having difficulties with a program or being disappointed in a program but how much better it would be to tell of what problems you've experienced and maybe get help and/or tell of things that would make a better product for your needs.

5. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Right on KD.
    I'd love to hear what's making the software so frustrating to Dave - FatNSassy. Dave? Care to give a little more info?

For now, I'll take BlackKnight's route.

Happy New Year!

... and deriksen1, I can send back your 40 clams.
    I haven't even shelled 'em yet!

- Marc

6. deriksen1

deriksen1

Marc,,

I will tell you this thus far,,, I have just gained a tremendous amount of respect for you... why? I've posted many a places and I tell things how I see them and there ain't too many "administrator" types that won't delete negative comments towards them or their company..... so giant Kudos to you my friend!!

I'll more than definitely share my views in a much more specific manner tomorrow.. Sunday as it's time to clean up and party the night away!!!

I like how all your staffer's came to the resue... impressive, not unordinary.. I promise you this,, you'll get an ear full of EXTREMELY constructive and critique advise on your product, service and or lack of worthy "instructional" direction(s) you offer this product.... Maybe you'll learn something.....

Seriously, I'm in the "dog-eat-dog" entertainment business working with top high quality and talented people,, if my services were offered in this manner you've practiced regarding "The Flash Ad Creator",, I'd be upsidedown in a trash can in some back alley somewhere within a heart beat....

Perhaps,, we will both grow from this....

your pal,
    dave -- FATnSASSYmastering
    [​IMG]

7. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

well i am shocked and amazed that you find something wrong with a laughing bird Creation for my part have all the excellent stuff that Marc has produced along the way i have found that any glitches that are there have been rectified very fast, may be sir that this program was not meant for you with such a high standard of clientele's maybe you should have purchased macro media swift and made everything yourself
    ,that way you could have satisfied your clients to a better standard

but having said that you can please some people sometime but not everyone all the time

8. deriksen1

deriksen1

Well LAMO ONE GRAPHIC, I certainly see your point and I partly agree with you, but look at what you do… Sure, this is a “no brainer” for you, I’m sure if I explained the technical aspects of my trade perhaps you too might feel the frustration of it’s “learning curve” as well and would like things more simplified or at least the explanation of it anyway.. Yes..?

Examine my logo.. That is a logo I myself made using Laughing Bird’s “Logo Creator” and there’s a certain learning curve to it for the “newbie”, but it was reasonably easy to manage once you understood it’s method of creating logos and I too, was “shocked” when thinking “The Flash Ad Creator” wasn’t going to be as equally easy to use or at least use in the real world or scheme of things.

I initially started this thread to find someone who could, for money, help me finalize a few templates and out of frustration of bowing down to this program I did take a few swings at Marc for which I feel justified and hopefully my explanation will validate those “concept” thoughts and so now I’ve been called onto “the carpet” to explain my frustration(s) and that is very fair. I’ll try to keep this brief and to the point as possible and perhaps I’ll educate as well as be educated by this very process the forums do bring into discussion for problems vs. solutions.

Perhaps and perhaps not. My father taught me when I was much younger, “Son, you’ll never learn anything if you pay others to do the work for you”. Outstanding advice if you ask me, but you also have to know your limitations as well, ie; expertise and tools. I don’t have to do this myself and I certainly can hire those who can, but following my father’s advice, I’m a “hands on” type of person and I’d prefer to use my own creativity rather than someone else’s.

I understand that swf and fla developers were concerned about infringements of their work and that alone has flawed this program in question. Just as in my trade, copyrights aren’t designed to protect against theft, but rather to register and establish who is and can claim legal ownership to the work. Trademarks, Registry and patents are very much the same. The simple truth is, if a thief wants something you have, it’s theirs for the taking. “Locks keep the honest people out”… We are a land of law and so protection does offer a true sense of benefit through litigation. For example, in Taiwan, you can buy a Rolex “knock off” for $7.00 or a “bargain“ price of $5.00 if you‘re a good “haggler“...

To build a program based on it’s “ease of use” as a “template form” is greatly flawed. This program is not intended for the Macromedia savvy writers of FLASH. This program at least in it’s exploitation of it’s “ease of use” is designed for the not so savvy of the Macromedia user. Here’s my point, most “interactive” sites, for example, MySpace is designed primarily for HTML. This is a site where you can advertise yourself with banner ads, and other means. Most people who have their own site has a HTML based site. Here’s the real “Nuts and Bolts” truth, a lot of people who purchase “template” programs are those who also build their sites using “template” programs. Building a “template” program that isn’t “user friendly” to render at HTML sites for “template” users, equates to my analogy of Marc heading GM selling new cars, and unless you buy the motor along with it for which must be separate, but can‘t operate without it, what good is it? So rather than selling cars with the hood down and missing motor later discussed, those hoods should be wide open!! Marc, I’m not saying that you didn’t, but advertising a product emphasizes the selling points as positive rather than the actual underlying truths. In other words, a product designed for a certain user, should EXPRESSLY demonstrate it’s design as NOT “stand alone” for as a complete package. Obviously, certain products rely on common sense in this regard. You can buy a pack of cigarettes, but unless you have a lighter or other ignition means, what good are they?

This brings me to INSTRUCTION of use for designed product targeting those who are less than experts as users. Marc, you are so guilty of this, but certainly not alone. Heck, I’m guilty of it too! Obviously, technical product or service of product does requires a lot of technical language, but also requires it’s explanation to match those who the product is targeting. Over explaining is not a bad thing to do. However, common sense here is also necessary. For example, I just love instructions that explain an over emphasis on really retarded concepts and then assumes the more technical explanations as least relative. Why should I be instructed to “open the package” of hardware in order to assemble something? Really? I have too? Then they leave out highly technical “steps” for assembly of the product like opening the “package” was more than enough information. I’m pretty sure that if I have a flat tire, I won’t need a page and a half explanation that this procedure of repair requires the jacking up of the car is a necessary step and so on… It’s too easy to also explain technical instructions as if you’re talking to someone who doesn’t need it as well. For example, you explain that in order for a template to work it requires that the “Assets” package must be on the same “level”. What does that mean to a “template” user? Same sea level? Same level of design? Same level as the site’s ranking position? Same LEVEL as or of what? If I simply told you that your music you wish to have mastered, that the “levels” are too out? Wouldn’t you like to know if I meant volume, linear balance, compression, reverbs, output signal to daisy-chained effects gear or dbfs to peak levels or the level of it’s quality?

Years ago, computer programs became much more easy to understand in terms of instruction when the companies realized having programmers doing the explanation of it’s interface wasn’t a good thing to do unless confusing people was their intention. You also don’t need to explain instructions as if your instructions are targeted to 3 year old Chinese children who can’t read English either… Most companies do either, but never both.. Footnotes to explain an explanation is a good thing and illustrations are “A picture is worth a thousand words…” too!! Stop assuming we know what you mean!!

I shouldn’t have to shell out 40 clams to find out later that an additional 400 clams will be needed in order for this program to work! I’m glad that the upgrade adds the fla files, but without shelling out another 400 clams, what good are they? And the one template I want to use isn’t supported by Macromedia 8! That happens to be template 8 as certain artifacts aren’t supported and must be “substituted”…. So why did I buy this “template” program if I have to build it virtually from the ground up for it to work in a HTML environment anyway?

And NO Marc, I don’t want my 40 clams back,, I just want what I purchased on good faith to do what it is designed to do… Building really cool “template” banners are really neat! I just wish that I can let someone else think they are too!!

I’m sorry for the lengthy explanation of my problem of this program, but I hope too, that I’ve made some sense. My tenth grade Biology teacher would actually give us half the point value graded for the essay questions if we would just leave it blank and not waste his time reading a “beat around the bush” explanation of something we didn’t know. So I hope that I’m forwarding valuable insight rather than just dribble….

I’m a “hands on” guy, but I don’t want to shell out another 400 clams and or the time to learn something so hideously of a “learning curve”, or the mundane task of changing my site, or even paying someone to do this… what say you?

dave -- FATnSASSYmastering
    [​IMG]

9. blackknight

blackknight

Hello Dave, glad you are clearly a well eduated person as shows in your letter. My father told me long ago that you attract more bees with honey rather than vinigar and that is something that has always stuck with me and has got me thru this life. You know, I certainly can feel your frustration in your comments and I know you feel justified, after all, you are the customer but "a little bit of honey" as my father would say, (and I feel he was maybe less educated but wise in many ways) will definetely get you farther and faster to your destination. I may be a mod but I am also a customer so I feel justified in writing to you. I noticed when you first wrote that it was your first post and you charged into Marc like a bull seeing red. I don't want to defend Marc as I am sure he can handle himself quite well without my or anyone elses input. While I emphazise with you, I would also ask you to give it a chance to clear the situation to your satisfaction. I can't talk on others behalf, only on my own but when I bought the software as you have done, I had learning curves and questions and I found dealing with Marc and others to be a good experience, maybe because of my fathers adage of honey and bees and giving a situation a chance. I always kept this whole thing in a little perspective. In the store, I think I originally paid $30. for the software, no big deal,; but $30. or $1000. you still want the program to work, it's the principle really. I can tell you that we are a pretty nice and helpful group of people who maybe have at one time gone thru similiar frustrations to varying degrees, who have learned and are now able to help others thru working this thing out. TLC was designed as a fairly simple template program and there is nothing wrong with that because it was meant to be fun and for me it was a means to express or even stimulate my creativity and curiousity so I could explore other options as well which I would never have done if I jumped into Photoshop or Macromedia without some earlier exposure to a much simpler program. Most people use more than one software program in their " creativity toolbox" and I would say that I am fairly proficient at many aspects of this software so much so that I utilize TLC in some form everyday and I find new techniques that can give me the results I need. In this day and age, with so much technical and stressful aspects of living it is so much better to slow down (and this maybe because I was raised in a small town) and if you need help with something, to just ask, spread a little honey so to speak. I am not saying this to invoke you but just between you and I, give it a chance and you may like the results. TLC is not a Photoshop or other highly technical piece of software and doesn't claim to be the be all end all and the templates are meant to show what can be done so to spark creativity on your part to manipulate a design to what you can do or start from scratch and create something entirely new without a template. All the tools are there but it is like comparing apples`to oranges. You sound like a fairly intellegent guy and only you know if this program is for you or not and given a chance to let someone help you, you will come to that conclusion in a relatively short time. Hope this all gets worked out for you and that we hear from you and see your results in the near future and I welcome you to the forum my friend.

10. blackknight

blackknight

By the way, nice site you have there

11. deriksen1

deriksen1

I appreciate your cander and advice on the "honey and bee" theory of concept and I certainly understand your point of view. Let me broaden your view point. I've owned this since August and I've actually have had two different dialogs with Marc over this issure via email and both times I received answers by him relating to my questions leaving me with no more knowledge than before I asked. He did comment that he liked my analogous humor though. Since then, I've examined other people's dismay through the forum and although they received much more helpful solutions than that of Marc's vague to zero help, but it still undermines how this product is marketed. I'm afraid there is no "sugar coating" a tact of expression for concern when a product isn't absolutely truthful by it's description of real intended use.

This brings me back to marketing a product using "truthful" tact. I'm pretty sure most people would agree that a utility program is not a game or a toy. If it's intended use was for training I would hope it would express itself that way don't you?

Thanks again for proving my point about the over emphesis of instruction I described as unnecessary and the lack of valuable information I still need... I don't say that to provoke you either, but in your answer to me, did you notice how you explained to me in a great amount of detail (to open the package) or it's nice to be nice, and left out the important information I do need (detailed instruction for assembly)....? Or a workable solution to my problem....?

Thank you!!

Dave

12. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

The Flash Ad Creator

Hi Dave/FatNSassy.

First off, I appreciate the time you took to write what you wrote.

I'm not quite sure I understand all of it.
    And I'm still not quite sure what the problem is that you're actually having.

I will say, however, that I take offense when you say that I do not promote The Flash Ad Creator honestly.
    You state above that you need to shell out $30 for the software, and then you have to shell out $400 more!
    Where does that idea come from?

The Flash Ad Creator IS easy to use.

A) you select a template that you want.
    B) You customize the Ad's text by typing into a text field.
    C) you hit the big EXPORT button.

In roughly the time it takes me to type this sentence, I've got a nice animated ad customized with my own text.

How much easier can it get?
    This is what I promote on the site. Easy to use - No Flash Experience needed!
    It's easy to use, and you don't need to know a thing about Flash.

The job of The Flash Ad Creator is to give you -instantly - a nice animated Ad banner to put onto your site. It's not the job of The Flash Ad Creator to teach you how to create a web page that includes a Flash file (i.e. place a .swf file into an HTML page). This is the job of the site building software you're using and its manual.

Now, if you DO know a little Flash, and you happen to already HAVE Flash, you can take this knowledge and modify the .FLA templates that I also provide inside the software. ... but its absolutely not required to already have Macromedia Flash. I include the native Flash files (the .fla files) for those that HAVE Flash. It's not required. Just a little more power for the pro.

To say that you shelled out 30 clams. and then to say that "I had no idea I had to also shell out 400 additional clams" is very confusing. Why do you feel you need to shell out any more? Absolutely untrue Dave.

What I may be hearing is that you're confusing the Flash Intros that I also have portrayed on the website.
    ( http://www.flashadcreator.com/web_templates.html )
    These Flash intros were not created by me or my team. These are completely separate from The Flash Ad Creator Software. These Flash Intro templates DO require Flash knowledge. I re-sell these Flash intro templates as an affiliate. Again, these templates are in NO way related to the $30 software.

If this was your confusion, please clarify.
    I am assuming this may be the case from reading your "I bought the car without the engine" comment. You are wrongly comparing The Flash Ad Creator as "the car without the engine". The Flash Ad Creator has everything you need: engine, body, wheels and gas. You don't need to purchase anything else.

Again Dave, I'm just not clear on what your actual problem is with the software. Some of your comments just don't relate the The Flash Ad Creator.
    Write down your problem with the software a bit more 'step by step'.

- Marc

13. deriksen1

deriksen1

Marc,,

You are very AWESOME!! And thank you for taking the time to explain these facts to me.. I'll hang your "Gold Star" back upon the wall where it belongs and I do wish to express my deepest apologies to you for the "offence" that I have caused you!! Please accept my apology for I am truly sorry!!

You've accurately explained to me what I misunderstood and you are 100% correct with your explanation!! I thought it was a program that would do everything, but I see now how I am wrong and you are right!!

Perhaps I should've followed my 10th grade Biology teachings regarding to answer or not to answer as correct answers were worth 20 points and blank answers were worth 10 points and incorrect answers received 0 points!!

But it's not a total loss at all as you have educated me where I needed correction and hopefully the dialog from this thread will help the next person who misunderstands the true intention of the program flash ad creator... And maybe "Honey and Bees" isn't the only tact to get what you want, because I certainly did receive a quick and wanted response to my "beat around the bush" question...

Thank you so very much for setting me straight and I do expressly wish to apologize again for any grief my offensive remarks may have caused you!!

You're alright in my book!!

your pal, dave -- FATnSASSYmastering
    [​IMG]

14. Worlock

Worlock Guest

His business didnt last long as the website isnt available no more
    http://www.fatnsassymastering.com/
    I wonder if he was put in that trashcan in that back alley somewhere?

15. Topcatz

Topcatz Guest

What.......

Worlock, the site opened fine 4 me.........

16. Worlock

Worlock Guest

The site is under construction or for sale...Its not the original site anymore.
    If you do a DNS Lookup you will see its just an information site and NOT a website for business as the poster had at one time! all the links are external!

17. Wicked

Wicked

Yeah Worlock is right. Think we should close this thread and let it fade into the pages? Was 2 years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.