1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Where is support?

Discussion in 'The eCover Creator' started by carlm, May 17, 2006.

1. carlm

carlm

I'm having trouble with ecover creator and after posting a question here with no response, contacting support through the online form with no response and even contacting the moderator with no response, I'm going to try here to see if it works.

I want to save a photorealistic .jpg of my ecover for my website but don't seem to get the option to save it. I can save a .jpg version by clicking the photo button but it just saves a boring looking version, not the photorealistic version that I see on other websites. When I go to the Flash Export module I don't see an option to save a file name or file type. All I get is a dialogue box to save it to a particular Destination Folder. I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling ecover creator with no luck.

Thanks.

Carl

2. KD-did

KD-did

Flash export is .swf because of the animation...and as far as I know jpg isn't capable of the same results on many levels.
    try hitting the little camera icon (to export the image) in the photorealistic mode. Name your file "MyFilename.jpg" ...
    Try holding down the SHIFT key while exporting. This will make a tighter picture.

As far as support goes Marc may have had a full emailbox so your question was lost to cyberspace. I can't answer for any mod that you PM'ed but not all of us are as familiar with eCover as others. Some mods don't get to the forum to pick up PMs very often or don't have the program on their computer. The forum is a great place to get an answer usually.

Once Marc gets all the finishing touches done on his product line (new product and updates for TLC and TAC) you will see him here in the forum often to field more of the questions.

3. carlm

carlm

Thanks for your response. I can get the spinning box which looks great but I'm having trouble getting it on my site (my hosting company makes it hard, so that's my problem). I would really just like to get a static 3d ecover box on my website but I can't save the same quality cover that I can with the spinning one. I have checked other people's websites and their professional looking ecovers are saved as .jpgs. In fact when I hover my mouse over ecovers on the ecovercreator.com site and check the Properties, they are saved as .jpgs as well. I think what I want to do is pretty straight forward but I just can't do it.

Are we supposed to have the ability to go into the Flash Export module and save an ecover and choose the format? If so, I don't have this ability. I can only tell Ecover Creator which Destination Folder I want to save the file to and it always saves it as a spinning box. It does not let me choose the file type.

Thanks.

Carl

4. KD-did

KD-did

Flash Export module is always .swf's at this point...hence the always spinning box.

I dont understand why in the photorealistic mode you aren't getting satisfactory results like those shown on ecovercreator.com when you export.Hosting sites are not created equal and some are just downright infuriating. Are you able to control the size or is the host resizing the file automatically? Are you using an FTP and what is it?

5. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Carl.

Can you show us the eCovers you're creating? Perhaps upload them to your server and point us to your page - or import one of the images.

Also, try right-clicking over one of your 3D images (in the photorealistic area). Choose another rendering format. You'll see the options in one of the pop up windows.

Also, on some computers - viewing the image in the Photorealistic area is not necessarily how it will look when exported.

Hope to hear from you shortly!

- Marc