1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Resolved Where can I get support? VERY DISSAPOINTED

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by kolaios, May 8, 2009.

1. kolaios

kolaios

I got this software for my MAC 7 days ago.... The file i donwloaded did not open on my mac... it opens as a text file.. I have tryed to contact support and nothing... I have tryed contacting Marc here and nothing...

I am ready to just do a claim on Paypal... I was very exited to use this software and possible get more of the products but this says a lot.

THIS SUCKS!

Hopefully I can get some real help!

Kolaios

2. Doc

Doc Staff Member

I have sent a pm to Marc for you in case he missed your message. Sorry I cannot help you myself but I do not use a Mac.

3. Wicked

Wicked

Is the icon showing up correctly on your desktop? I too do not own a Mac but I know it does something similar if the file extension is missing on a PC. For example Program.exe. I know or think Macs do not use the .EXE file extension but I was just curious that the icon was being displayed on the desktop correctly or it might be a file extension missing. This commonly happens by accident for me sometimes. If you could until Marc replies to your issue could you right click on the icon and select properties if its called that on a MAC. Then see what kind of program its called. I was wondering if it was possible that you could have accidently downloaded the Windows PC version of the Software?

4. kolaios

kolaios

THanks guys... the support for thiese products SUCKS!!!

THe file extention is: .sit

I hope to hear from support or this guys Mark SOON

5. Doc

Doc Staff Member

If the only file you have is .sit then you have not uncompressed the download.

One thing I have just remembered from other posts from Mac users is that it is recommended that latest version of the Stuffit expander is used to extract the files from the download file.

If you do not have Stuffit a free expander can be downloaded from many places including http://my.smithmicro.com/mac/stuffit/index.html

6. Wicked

Wicked

IF the file .sit then it means it is still compressed. A .sit file is a file compressed by the Stuffit program frequently stocked on Macs. This is the equivalent to a .ZIP file. You can not use a compressed file without first un-compressing it. The file is originally compressed to make it a smaller size for a faster download. You can download STUFFIT for free to un-compress the file at http://my.smithmicro.com/mac/stuffit/expander.html

7. Wicked

Wicked

oh my Doc you beat me by 1 minute

8. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Faster fingers :image28:

9. kolaios

kolaios

got it!! thanks al lot bro!!!