Where can I buy/obtain a licence code for V5?

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by Marg, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Marg

Marg

OK: Here's my problem. I've written to Marc about it (the contact address on my purchase for V6) and I've now had a support request in for 10 days. No response yet. Meanwhile, I'm left in limbo.
    All I want is to be able to obtain OR BUY (I don't care at this stage, I'm desperate) an activation code for V5. of TLC.
    I have been buying/upgrading this product for years, but after switching computers can't find any info re. my original purchase years ago. Naturally, the upgrades don't work without an active product.
    In the end I gave up and bought a new version of TLC 6. Fine. BUT - I still can't activate V5, and all the logos I have painstakingly made over the years don't work on V6.
    I clicked on 'buy' on the V5 version, but it went through to the home page - V6.
    I'm tearing my hair out.
    Please... somebody tell me... where can I get/buy an activation code for V5?
    Pleeeeeeaaaaase.....
    Marg

2. KD-did

KD-did

3. Marg

Marg

Thanks for taking the time to reply, KD-did (love your username!) but no, I've tried all the standard avenues already. (Cleverbridge doesn't even have a record of my buying the megapack, plus some of the other stuff, let alone TLC 5) I've got all the software on my computer, and the elements show up in V6 - but I need to have V5 operative to bring in all my old logos/headers etc. And I can't locate an unlock code anywhere. (I did carefully write it down when I first bought TLC - in 2003!!! That's how long I've been buying and upgrading this software.) Somehow, I don't think the unlock code for the 2003 version will work.
    The annoying thing is, I'm prepared to just give up and buy another licence for V5 - but can't find anywhere to do it!
    Anyone...?????

4. KD-did

KD-did

Web Graphics Creator is still V5.... TLC as part of the program...and only available as a Windows download.

5. Marg

Marg

Thanks again. I had already bought the Web Graphics Creator V3, so I opened that, entered the unlock code, and now I can see all the logo libraries in TLC 5, which is progress.
    I can open some of my previous files, but not all - and I can't understand why. (And nothing at all shows up in 'My Templates' - I have to try opening a file via the 'Open Logo' option on the file menu.)
    As far as I can see, all the files I'm trying to open have the .tlc extension - but for some of them I get this message when I try to open the file:
    TLC_message.jpg
    Do you have any idea of why this might be happening?
    Thanks again,
    Marg

6. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

1.Always open the software first, then your logo. It looks to me like you are trying to open the logo by clicking on the file with the TLC file extension, is that about right?
    2. Please pretend the TLC file doesn't exist. The TLC file tells the software how to put all the elements of a logo together-- it's not like a MS word file with a .doc file extension. NEVER select the TLC file, then OPEN WITH (by right mouse clicking on the TLC file).
    3. When opening a logo: just navigate to the folder (NOT THE TLC file) with the logo name you wanna open, then select OK.
    4. You can get the same error message when trying to open logos from 5.0 in version 6.0 and above---5.0 logo's are not compatible with 6.0 and above.

7. Marg

Marg

You are absolutely right. I am trying to open the logo by clicking on the file with the TLC extension. However, when I use the 'open logo' instruction from the file menu, and navigate to the folder containing the file with the .tlc extension, if I click on the folder - it simply opens it, revealing the .tlc file. When I click on that, I get the error message.
    Hmmm. Been a long day.
    I'll try this again tomorrow and see if I have better luck.
    I do appreciate all the advice and help given. Thanks a bunch.
    Marg

8. KD-did

KD-did

Also you may find in advantageous to "move" your template to the desktop when trying to open it after launching the TLC program..