What is the "proper" way to unzip TLC folders?

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by gotawebsite, Sep 10, 2012.

1. gotawebsite

gotawebsite

Can someone provide step-by-step instructions on how to turn a downloaded zipped folder of Mascots into something usable. I just downloaded Winrar to a 64-bit Windows 7 PC. I just don't know how to use it. Thanks for your consideration.

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

3. gotawebsite

gotawebsite

Roger that qcuneo2, I haven't tried it yet because it's "Monday" ..but I did want to go ahead and thank you for your response.

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Sometimes the basic upzip thingy found in windows simply wont work. I had to use "7 zip" to unzip one of the packages, but winrar is good tool as well....

5. gotawebsite

gotawebsite

Is 7-zip compatible with Laughingbird downloads? If so, I'm going to download it and ditch Winrar. I just realized 7-zip is free and I'm using Winrar on a trial basis. Hopefully its easy to use. Btw, the "unzip thingy" is a great way to describe Windows 7's inadequate unzip function. All it does is cause frustration which is why I finally chased down a comprehensive program.

6. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

7-zip is free, and has always been my "go to" program when my full version of win-zip wont work!

My recommendation of 7-zip is just MY OPINION, and is in no way endorsed by Laughingbird software, Mitt Romney, or Chuck Norris....

http://www.7-zip.org/

gotawebsite likes this.
  7. gotawebsite

gotawebsite

Lol... your experience is invaluable to newbies like me, but I do respect the disclaimer.

8. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Don't tell chuck I said that....

9. gotawebsite

gotawebsite

Update: I just extracted that free mascots file downloaded from TLC to my desktop, and dropped the "Mascots2" folder (for Windows) into the "Logo Elements" folder. Then checked under the "Select Sets of Image Elements" in the TLC program, and BOOM! - I got mascots to choose from under "Mascots2" in the drop-down menu. As mentioned, I tried the Windows7 "unzip thingy" in the past ...but it didn't work. If I can remember correctly Winrar didn't even work for the free mascots that Marc sent me for registering the the TLC program. Respectively, I think I'll keep 7-zip around for a while.

gcuneo2 likes this.