What is the best export file?

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by anja52, Jun 10, 2013.

1. anja52

anja52

I like to know the best extension for pictures on the web. I like the software very much and what I make looks good. But when I export it does not look as good as in the software. looks little fuzzie.

2. KD-did

KD-did

Try transparent png.

3. anja52

anja52

I already did that.

4. KD-did

KD-did

What version of TLC are you using?

Make sure you are not using the thumbnail image.

5. anja52

anja52

version 6.6
    It happens when I want to make small formats like 125x125 or 468x60 (banner ad)
    I know this is logo create software, but I think you have to make small logo's sometimes and then the text seems to dance.

6. KD-did

KD-did

When looking at 125X125 avatars with or without text the images always seem fuzzy to me. The reason to use transparent png is so there is no binding box around the image.
    See 125X125 avatars:http://photobucket.com/images/avatar+125x125?

7. anja52

anja52

Does that mean what when I use transparent png it is not fuzzy anymore?

8. KD-did

KD-did

As the samples shown made with various software the results because of the size are fuzzy. You can try different fonts but it will never be clear of the fuzziness.

9. anja52

anja52

Oh I understand, its a pitty because I wanted to make my own promotion materials but I think I let a professional do it.

10. KD-did

KD-did

11. anja52

anja52

And when I want to make 234x60 banners do I get the same problem then? Or is this better because it is more wide(234)?

12. KD-did

KD-did

13. anja52

anja52

Hi thank you for your help

14. DentTech

DentTech

They are a little fuzzy for me also on my MacBook Pro Retina dispay. Do you think the Logo Creator will support these retina screen resolutions soon?

15. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

When you create a logo and export it ('save as PNG' or 'save as jpg') the software basically takes a screenshot of what's on your canvas.

The bigger your canvas, the bigger the image will be.
    If you have a large monitor, make sure the software and canvas fill your screen. You can get very large and sharp images.

(also, make sure you're "Saving as PNG" ... and not "Saving as a template". The latter will only provide a small thumbnail image for you, not the true image you'll want to use on your website)

Hope this helps

DentTech likes this.
  16. DentTech

DentTech

Thanks that was very informative!

I guess it might be nice to save as a template and name your logos based upon the size, that way you could easily export it to a flyer, postcard or something else. Especially if you created multiple sizes for different prints.

17. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

One thing I've done is to create a bunch of blank templates based upon the size I need. 5 x 7= 360 x 504 for example.

I also can create templates which override the 1440 x 1440 size limit of version 6.6 of TLC.

MY PERSONAL SECRET #3.18: If you wanna create blank templates for stuff measure whatever with a ruler. a 5 x 7" photosize = 360 x 504. A 4 x6" template would be 288 x 432. Just measure away, and multiply the inches by 72 to come up with a pretty accurate template size, that will fit just fine the first time you use it.....