What is "Save a Version"

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by heinzw, Jun 2, 2016.

1. heinzw

heinzw

Hi,
    what is "Save a Version" supposed to do? I did it and I have some files in the folder but when I try to reload it the files are not recognized.
    Can somebody explain?
    Thanks
    Heinz

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  2. KD-did

KD-did

It is a way of storing different versions of the same work product template. So you can look at the work product with changes to fonts or graphics.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  3. snginc

snginc

its a great way to make templates!

4. heinzw

heinzw

Thank you. I found out how it works. You have to save the version into a template folder. I did not read anything about it.

5. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Heinzw, sorry I'm late to this. I've said this a few times in other places but I'll post it again here.

What I do, is create a template folder for each of my 'Clients' that I design for. Then, when working on a template I 'Save a Version' into that Client folder. It's just a cool easy way to keep everything together for a particular client. I use the Clients name as the template folder name. Then when you open TC7 and look on the left at the template folders you'll see your clients name there and can select which you want to work with. Works great!

Keep in mind, after you create the template folder for the client, it will not show in that list until there is at least one template saved there. Then it will show up in the list.

snginc likes this.
  6. heinzw

heinzw

Thank you for a very good idea.
    Heinz