What I do to get a product ready for sale on my website.....

Discussion in 'General Support' started by gcuneo2, Aug 16, 2016.

1. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

I make 3D images to sell on my website. This a quick view of the process, after image creation.....

Three more images to make, then I start packaging everything up.

First thing I do: I make a backup copy of what I'm about to sell in two locations: an external HDD, and a usb thumb drive.

I next review each image; Is anything cut off? Does a hand disappear into a head? Are there duplicates? If there are duplicates, I have to re-render new images. I also check them out in The Creator to see how the look in the pulldown menu.

What does that mean? I create zip files of the six image sets, I bundle them up and upload to my website.

I make a set of "small images" to upload for the preview images.

I add the products (4 more to add to my website, and the big mega set) to my my website.

I create the product descriptions, and add the products to 3 different areas on my website.

I think about the pricing.

I save all those new products and page updates, but don't publish them.

I then walk away for a few hours.

I come back after a break and review everything for typo's, and product descriptions.

I then create some page headers for a couple of facebook pages, and my website.

I review, and update my FAQ section on my website.

I conduct test downloads.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    gunsmoke likes this.
  2. KD-did

KD-did

I really admire your plan, execution of that plan and ALL the wonderful goodies that are the fruit of your labors.:computer:

3. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Trish on the group page basically asked about security of an online product--- I tend to have a more caustic, and realistic approach to things: If you are running an online business people will try to rip you off- that goes for any business actually.

"Well ya gotta use this app", "You need to implement the xdf45 protocol" or you gotta use watermarks" anytime anyone tells me "you have to..." in regards to how I run my website I stop listening to them...

Just the shear act of having a website selling digital downloads of a product means people will try to rip you off, it's a fact, to think other wise is naive.

I'm not going to come right out and say "Well I use so and so" on my website- but I do things and have things in place to make it harder for the thieves.

Some folks will say "YA gotta use watermarks" I have chosen not to, perhaps I should, But I chose not to.

My products are handled with "autoresponders"- automated emails and download management software that is built into my merchant website. You make a purchase, the paypal info is processed, once approved, virtually instantly, the purchaser is sent an email that contains the info needed to download their purchase.

Ill add more to this as I think about it!

gunsmoke and snginc like this.
  4. snginc

snginc

I have seen the "but what if someone shares my stuff on blackhat sites" way to many times from people online. As has already been said if you are selling something online, there's always going to be that idiot who is going to try to rip you off.

What you can do you about it? Several things:

1 dont sell anything online....you also wont make any money online if you choose this one.

2 keep putting out great products ....you will get scammed a time or 2 with this option but the money that you will make with this one will put be worth it!

Regardless of the antiscam measures that you use there is always a way around them. Focus on option 2!

That's my option based on creating and selling products since 2012 along with being a part of a mastermind group of product creators and sellers since 2012

Nothing is Impossible with an open mind
    Jerome

gunsmoke, gcuneo2 and KD-did like this.
  5. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Good advice all. I use encrypted expiring download links and all seems to work well. My one and only problem came about when my WP site was hacked and information was deleted. Not stolen. Live and learn, I no longer use WP. I created my own site. Doesn't look as fancy, but it's getting better. Sales are steady and far as I can tell, customers are happy happy!

Glenn pays ( not much ) a monthly fee for security and peace of mind. With that option, if the internet changes ( yea, quite often! ) then his server takes care of everything. Easy - Peasy! I may have to adjust settings on my website, my server takes care of most things. I pay for unlimited hosting, and nothing more.

With either option, it's business on the internet. There will be costs, and there will be risks. But doing business, especially in something you are passionate about, is better than vegetating! My two cents . . .

Please show your support by visiting the sites in our signatures. Thanks!

snginc likes this.
  6. snginc

snginc

You mean you forgot to backup you site? :1whistle:

7. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Not at all. Just that I found WP to be unreliable and a risk. So, I no longer will use it. No sense restoring a site that can be hacked. That's just asking for trouble. I didn't want to spend the time or resources figuring out how they did what they did, so I simply eliminated the problem by eliminating WP. Works for me ...

KD-did likes this.