What happened to my fonts???

Discussion in 'Resource & Recommendations' started by turtlebugs3, Mar 2, 2009.

1. turtlebugs3

turtlebugs3

I recently had to reload all of my Logo Creator editions. Now I don't have all of my fonts. I don't have Edwardian, (don't really care), Planet Benson and Waker. Maybe others, just don't know yet. I use them often and want them.
    Any help on how to get them back and where they went?? I'm a pc user. :image09:

2. KD-did

KD-did

The above mention fonts are not apart of the TLC embedded fonts, the would have been in your system's font folder. TLC can only access fonts from the WINDOWS main font folder on a PC, however, will often show them on the font preview screen. Luckily they can be downloaded from most font sites for free and reinstalled if you can not move them from sub-folders.

Embedded fonts are not TTFs they are cxt fonts.

3. turtlebugs3

turtlebugs3

Oh my, I'm confused. They were just always there. I have gone to free font downloads but when I download them and unzip them all I get is a page of "The dark brown fox jumped over the fence". Not letters that I can use. Are there any websites you recommend? Like I said, they were just in there before. As you see, I sure wouldn't know how to get them myself...lol

4. KD-did

KD-did

Downloaded fonts have all the letters once installed some just show a preview (font viewer) or character map as "The dark brown fox jumped over the fence" .

www.Dafont.com is a great font site

5. turtlebugs3

turtlebugs3

I'm sorry. :image24: I went to dafont and downloaded a font and get the brown fox thing after unzipping but where are the individual letters? How do I get them? I admit, I'm not too smart but once I do it one time I won't bug you anymore. Promise!

6. KD-did

KD-did

Test it out in TLC...type your text and see what shows up on your canvas.

7. turtlebugs3

turtlebugs3

OMG!! you are awesome. It works. Thank you.