What Do You Use TLC For?

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by Ultimate, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Ultimate

Ultimate

I know you are saying what a silly post...... We all use the Logo Creator for creating logos :duh:

But what is the end result. Do you use your creations for websites, printed materials like brochures, postcards, business cards, or just like having fun creating with TLC?

I use TLC mainly for my print clients that have that need to do the creations themselves. I am able to take the files they create in Logo Creator and take them right to press. I have turned on quite a few to TLC and all love it.

I create all my business cards in TLC, all full color that we print here on press and they come out just as sharp if the file was done in an Adobe Product.

I love the ease of TLC and the ability that I can talk a client through a design and they can understand the whole concept and grasp it so easily.

I could think of a few more uses that Marc's program could be used for ..... but he is a busy man and very tough to get in touch with. I think he is locked away putting the final touches on the new version.

So tell us what your uses of TLC are for.

2. KD-did

KD-did

I find the only limit to what I use TLC for is limited by my imagination. Probably the oddest use I have used TLC for was making temporary tattoos for a friend that was in a play.

3. Gravy

Gravy

I use TLC to stimulate my imagination to see what I can come up with. It is a learning experience for myself to see how "professional" I can make designs look and how far I can push the limits ot the program.

But mostly I like showing off and hearing people say "Wow you did you make that!".

4. Flotsom

Flotsom

You have a scary side to you, don't you Gravy? If I wasn't extremely sure that my Mac was protected, I could get really nervous seeing a post like that, but I'm :cool: (I am of course talking about the little sign down by your signature ... not your showing off, although that sort of is ... :D

5. Shelly

Shelly

Dont worry Flotsom only you see your IPS & Ip Number thats the trick in the smilie. Everybody just see´s His or Her own.

6. Flotsom

Flotsom

Thanks Shelly,

I figured that might be the case, but it's always nice to have it confirmed. I think that's only showing my modem anyway, not my router ... another area I suspect Gravy will eventually wade into, causing me endless more hours of study to catch up! :lol:

7. Shelly

Shelly

Ok I use TLC mainly because its such a easy software to use and you can create a Logo very quickly, However I do use other graphic programs which can be very complicated sometimes but taking this experience and then using all the tools TLC has to offer, try to reproduce the same things in TLC and up to now with great success. The only thing I havent been able to do is animation but I have prepared the frames using TLC.

I think its a great program and with a little imagination have found very little limitations so far. just [​IMG] It.

8. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

Gravy, i see those IP sig all over the place in the Linux forums, i think they are cool :D

TLC for me is a corkboard put my items in and create my piece of art(uhm..i think its art LOL) I use it more than PSP8 and Xara3d

9. MODCreations

MODCreations

I use TLC for enlarging/creating objects for paint shemes, logos, t-shirt print, and some Business Stationary.

I like the fact you can make the objects big or small and they still look good and how easy it is to use because I use the K.I.S.S. system when I design Graphic Art for clients and freinds. :pc user:

10. Gravy

Gravy

Sorry bout the Smiley guys they can be disturbing if you don't know that you are the only one who can see it. I remember my first time, I spent most of 3 days cleaning my system. I just knew I had a virus. Here's the link, I believe they have both linnux and mac versions

http://www.danasoft.com/

I agree with Cyb on the corkboard theory, sometimes when I'm attempting to fill a request from the "logos wanted" thread I just start throwing things onto the canvas that are related to the theme til I get a spark and something feels right. Then I start deleting the things I dont need to fine tune it and before too long an image pops out and I say "wow did I do that? can't wait to show it off"

I'm still amazed at how easy "out of the box" and the short learning curve that TLC has. I have several other graphics progs but TLC gets the most use by far.

11. Flotsom

Flotsom

Woops ... sort of forgot to answer the question. Guess I got unnerved by that little banner. Hocakes ...

I originally got TLC to make a logo for my flight school that said they wanted a new one ... turned out they didn't really, but in the process I ended up here ... serendipity? Now I use it to:
    1) see what I can do with it
    2) learn about the art of graphics (or is it graphix?)
    3) play
    4) an excuse to be in here with a really talented, nice bunch of people​
    Who knows, maybe I'll find a way to put it to use in a business or webpage or ?? Or maybe I'll get good enough that something finds me?
    :)

12. jelap

jelap

I absolutely "love" using TLC. It is sooo simple to do. When I first got TLC, I just merely played around for days, and days turned in spending hours on the PC and taking up my wives valuable internet business time. After I completed some logos that involved her name using the templates and playing around with them, she liked what I was doing and encourage me to "plug" on and do more. I purchased all the add ons and expansion packs, Now I enter into LOGO contests and what not, and have just had one of my creation accepted into a websites NEW design. I was the overall winner from about 200 -500 entries. I was so stocked, now I can't stop. I will always create more, as long as Marc keeps designing new things. I also volunteer my time to design logos for charitable organisations, just to get some work out there and see how good I can actually get, after all I am only a novice, but an expert, thanks to Marc. Appreciate 'ya..