What do you think???

Discussion in 'Logo Designs' started by Creatistic, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Creatistic

Creatistic

B.jpg

CAT Logo copy.jpg

Creatistic logo.jpg

Charliewilde.png

Bc.jpg

Opinions please:image28:

2. Wicked

Wicked

#1 and #5 are very nice works to me. Certainly show professionalism to me.

3. Nickydude

Nickydude MadLad Designs

#1 does it for me also, it has that 'artsy' feel about it.

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

I actually like #3 and #5.
    Great stuff Creatistic!

Post some more :)

Marc

5. OldenGray

OldenGray

This is just my personal bias, but I don't like type faces that look like some child has spattered paint on them. However, just for being "artsy" I would have to say I like the "cat" logo, and think it's very creative...but the fangs look kind of like an afterthought. Sort of an unnecessary element that doesn't fit in with the character of the image. The "torn" image is interesting although it is more of an image and not a logo. I.E., no identifier as to company, purpose, etc. But, still interesting. The last image uses that spattered "Creatistic" and I think it's too dark and there is not enough contrast with the type. (You really like that, don't you?) Too much going on for my taste. I really like the minimalist approach. But, to give credit where credit is due, these are all good starts. Just need some refinement to be effective as logos. I hope you didn't mind the criticism and you weren't offended, but I thought it was better than just expressing a like or dislike without offering up some commentary. Keep working at this as it takes time to build your talent.

6. lukeyedwards

lukeyedwards

7. KD-did

KD-did

Actually you can come very close to duplicating all the examples shown using the Mega Pack except for #15953 and 15955. In TLC you would use look like fonts for the text and use an assortment of DINGBATS for the rest of the artwork like the rays and flourishes in the first sample, wings, shield,splatters and etc. Dingbats are font equivalents of "custom shapes" and "brushes" that can be downloaded and used in Adobe's Photoshop.... but of course much easier to do in TLC.

8. lukeyedwards

lukeyedwards

How do I get these and add them to my application. Sorry, but I'm new to this

9. KD-did

KD-did

They are fonts, simply download unzip and add them to your Windows font folder . You will have to have a font viewer/ character map so you can see what key makes what images. I like The Font Thing best and also down loadable FREE http://members.ozemail.com.au/~scef/tft.html.

To use just type letter or number that corresponds to the image you want, choose systems fonts and the image will appear... it is that easy. You can do everything that you can do to text you can do the dingbat image.Such as outline, size, color, insert image and even use built in text effects. PLUS dingbats can even be painted as shown in thread http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3961&highlight=education

TLC has 1 embedded font that is call "SHAPES" when you type an s you get a square, c you get a circle and so on. Best of all there is never a background to deal with.

On Macs you can not use dingbats directly in TLC...another application that uses fonts has to be used and then import as an image onto the canvas http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=721

10. lukeyedwards

lukeyedwards

Right, I have downloaded this font viewer and I downloaded 2 different fonts, ALPACA and 28 DAYS LATER. The look perfect in the Fonbt viewer, but when i add the fonts to the logo creator font foder, it doesnt work, it just looks like standard font. do I need to convert the font files?

11. KD-did

KD-did

Converting isn't necessary...it seems you didn't catch the note for the font on dafont.com or didn't look at the characters under the tab in The Font Thing.
    28 DAYS LATER uses only uppercase letters and 1-9.

When looking at your system fonts click on the font in TFT>>>character tab>>> bottom right check "characters" and you will see the key used instead of just unicode. Font authors don't necessarily use both upper and lower case, they may not even start with "A",don't necessarily use numbers and grammar marks and that is why TFT is a valuable tool.