What do you mean by "same level"

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by streetwize, Mar 6, 2006.

1. streetwize

streetwize

I am building my site off of the Angelfire Webshell. I created my ad and uploaded the .swf file along with the data.txt file & images used in my ad.(which were in my adsname_assests folder). All were uploaded in the same directory as my html files. But when I insert the flash code for my ad, instead of my ad appearing. The original template I used to make the ad shows up. Could you please explain what you mean by “same level” on your Tech Support Page.

2. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Welcome to the forum.

Your .swf file should be in the same directory as the index.html file. You must then create a new folder with the same name as your assets folder on your computer. Make sure your new assets folder is also in the same directory as the index.html file. You then upload your assets folder contents from your PC to your new assets folder on your site. That is it. The ad looks for the assets folder on your host. It cannot find it so it reverts to the default images.

3. mxbandido

mxbandido

????? sound that easy when you are experience with this, do you something more in plain english? like a direct upload to flash with no many uploads?

4. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

5. Chris

Chris Staff Member

mx right now you have to upload all the files for your ad to your host. That is the only way to get it to work.

Marc is working on the new update to the Flash Ad Creator. It will support stand alone flash ads that will allow you to upload just one single file. I do not know when he is gonna release it. I do know when he does it will be a big plus to the program. I can't wait to see it. Hang in their.

Do you have an ftp program to where you can access your host directly? So you can upload files and create folders on your own.