What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by perfectjewel, Dec 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perfectjewel

perfectjewel

I read the tutorial on doing the badge type logo and was intrigued by it, so I gave it a try. Problem is, when I did it, the second line of text (when I duplicated the element) to go around the circle, would not curve in the opposite direction. I'm attaching the sample just to illustrate the problem. If anyone can help with a fix, I'd appreciate it. I'm feeling just a little dumb right now :bonk:

2. KD-did

KD-did

perfectjewel, easy to fix..you didn't need to tell it to duplicate...if you do your text element as:
    SurburbanHouseHunters
    rest of the wanted text

3. perfectjewel

perfectjewel

I'm sorry. I didn't make myself clear. I want the text as two separate phrases. Suburban House Hunters on top and "the name et al" at the bottom, so the second half reads as in the tutorial (right side up) and curved opposite to the top. There has to be a simple solution to it that I'm missing.

4. KD-did

KD-did

It will be right side up if you do your at one time...:)

5. perfectjewel

perfectjewel

Okay, that was an easy fix, but the copy on the top and the bottom would not form a circle if connected. The copy on the bottom has a slightly tighter radius. I tried tweaking, cajoling and otherwise fooling with it and this was the best I could get. Still not good. Is there anything else I can do?

If you look at the most recent, you'll see the bottom text curves in just a bit more and makes it impossible (at least for me -- so far) to line up right.

In the second (original attempt), although I couldn't get the text to curve up the two lines of text are still closer to forming a perfect circle.

Forgive me, I'm home with a cold and I'm not at all sure I'm making any sense. :eek:

6. KD-did

KD-did

Try playing with round image sizing. Or you can do the text twice..just leave the first line blank and then add your bottom text as new...and you will have to do the effects separately to keep from having backward text.

7. perfectjewel

perfectjewel

Katie,

Your last advice did it. So easy when you know what you,re doing. :whistler:

Thanks so much for your help.

8. KD-did

KD-did

The more you get use to the ease of using TLC you'll find more and more uses for it. TLC is more than a program it is a fabulous tool.

Glad things worked out for you. : O-Yeah:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.