What additions would you like to see here in TLC forums?

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by KD-did, Mar 16, 2005.

1. KD-did

KD-did

What would make the TLC forums even better?

2. Shelly

Shelly

maybe a members gallery where all uploaded logos etc at be looked at ?

3. Gravy

Gravy

I usually use the default canvas size when I am make a logo in TLC and when I try to upload my image I always get the file too large error and have to resize it. A minor annoyance to be sure but I always forget. I realize this saves disk space on your server but is there a way for your server to resize theim for us in case we forget?

Ever thought about a chatroom for us to discuss our ideas in realtime?

4. Gravy

Gravy

I had another thought along Shelly's idea which is a very good one BTW. How about light and dark backgrounds on the website so that we can see how it will affect our images?

5. KD-did

KD-did

Sort of test center where you could upload different versions of your designs to compare side by side type thing?

Gravy, the software for the forum is set at the largest limit for attachments. What you could do is preset a default size for your exports for use in the forums.

I thought it might be a decent idea to have a forum dedicated to some fun things to show off graphic skills and use of TLC. Maybe like using TLC to design cards and fun graphics to share.I use Incredimail and use TLC to make up graphics to add to its Letter Creator . :)

6. Shelly

Shelly

Maybe we could have a design award which the admins could attach to the members sigĀ“s, lets say for the best logo of the month etc ?

I made a small award which can be ajusted to suit if necessary.

Attached Files:

7. KD-did

KD-did

Really GREAT graphic and idea.

How about a forum for general computer issues?????

I made a great discovery today, that might help others and I would like to share. I discovered that sometimes it is necessary to shut the computer down, turn off external modems and shut the power completely off to clear problems. My working therory at this point is a buffer somewhere along the line was holding onto information that was the source of my problems.

8. Gravy

Gravy

It would be nice to have a way to share our TLC saved files with other members. In this way if someone was having a problem with one, another member would be able to edit it in its original format for them.

9. KD-did

KD-did

That would be nice but I believe impossibe due to the software for the forum.The software allows many different formats and has size limitations and I don't believe any browser would be able to see it either. :(

10. Lats

Lats Staff Member

The forum can be adjusted to accept .tlc files however, as the files are inherently larger than their exported counterparts, it may prove to be a resource issue.

Having said that though, if the .tlc files are deleted within a reasonable amount of time, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

11. KD-did

KD-did

what about browser issues?

ALso as a TLC file wouldn't members be subject to having their designs highjacked and used without permission or compensation?

12. Lats

Lats Staff Member

You wouldn't be able to 'see' the .tlc file, much like a zip.

As Gravy mentioned, if someone was having trouble, they could upload it, get it fixed then have it removed.

13. KD-did

KD-did

I would think if somebody was asking for help they would be showing a visable version first.

14. Lats

Lats Staff Member

Probably, but it wasn't my suggestion :)

15. Gravy

Gravy

I guess it wasn't a good example to say "problem" and I'm not sure how to express it. I would certainly not condone or participate in hijacking desigins from others.

Flotsam put his coffee cup on display in another thread and asked for help from others, if we had had his original TLC file it would have made editing it much easier.

If we decided to play a game where each member took a design and did a twist to it and passed it along to the next member to add their personal touch it would be easier to have the TLC file.

What I'm getting at is just that sometimes it would be handy to be able to share an original TLC file and in this way and extra person or more could work on the same exact project. There are various reasons and situations where this capability could be a blessing.

I do have some personal webspace available if the need came up but it was just a thought that it might be able to be done here. I realize that size could become a problem unless it was for short term storage just for share purposes.

16. KD-did

KD-did

It is a good idea but in all fairness we would want members warned that there could reprcussions of uploading their TLC files...wonder if it would be important to note if it were Mac or PC too.