1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Whadda Waste Of Money This Was!!!!

Discussion in 'The eCover Creator' started by iamdsg, Oct 12, 2005.

1. iamdsg

iamdsg

I just bought this software because it proported to be an easy solution to making DC Box covers and I have to say that this software doesn't live up to it's promises at all!!!!

I have been using the logo craetor for many moons now & that works fine & is very easy to use!

This box creator is totally bogus!!! I am a 3D artst and I can operate the most complicated 3D rendering program but I can't get this crummy software to work! :rant:

I have seen one guy that went to the trouble of making a PDF tutorial to get people up & running but it's so involved and it virtually bypasses all the ease of use that the user interface promises! So what good is this software????

I feel so cheated!!!!!! :rant:

I have tried to make covers according to the instructions and they come out out of focus and not sized to the media. I can do better with Photoshop!!!!

This is total *#@!*#@!*#@!*#@! & I'm very pissed off!!!!

iamdsg

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Wow.

Can you show me the eCover you're trying to make?
    ...(what's a DC box cover?)

:thanks:

3. lenmcgrane

lenmcgrane

I wouldn't say "waste", in fact ...

... exactly the opposite! I know Marc doesn't need anyone to spring to his defence, but I personally found the app was 10 times easier to use than I expected and it gave consistently good covers and boxes.

Len

4. Zipper

Zipper

I don't know anything about 3D design and can not operate any complicated 3D programs, but, the first couple of days after getting the ECC, I made 3 or 4 sample covers. I have had this program a little over one month and this past week I have accidently sold two e-covers that I designed. I've had no graphics training and I found this program easy to figure out ways around some of the problems that Marc is working on for the new update....I like this program...

Jack the Zipper

5. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Len, Jack...
    thanks so much for the feedback. Its much appreciated!
    (Jack, you "accidently" sold a few ecovers!? ... :D)

The fact that 'iamdsg' has only posted once, the post above... and he hasn't come back to reply... may tell me that he's a competitor. Just a hunch.

:aparty:

6. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

And a good hunch that would be.

To say that the eBook is confusing even for a "photoshop and 3D" user is silly like puddy. The eBook does not need a 10,000 page manual, classes or videos to learn it.
    An, I'm not talking about making a simple cube. It's very easy to make...um, a DC box.

...Personally I like Marvel Boxes better.

Yea, let's compare the eBook to LightWave, Maya and the like. Look out hollywood!!!!

7. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Yeah I agree, with Marc. Good Hunch.

8. HomeBiz

HomeBiz

iamdsg,

I am the author of the tutorial that was written, it was written for the original version of the eCover Creator to get users up and running fast while Marc was working on the updates for the eCover Creator!

If you feel that you have been cheated then ask Marc for a refund, don't just come into the forum and try to start a flame war. Marc listens to his users and adds the things that they request.

You can do better using Photoshop? I own almost every photoshop action script on the market for eCovers etc. You are a 3D Artist? I see no link to your web site! See I also use Photoshop CS2 for creating a lot of my graphics.

Enjoy
    Ray

P.S.
    Also it was no trouble creating the eCover Creator tutorials I love to help people out in any way that I can!!!