1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

WGC Will Not Fully Launch on My Mac

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by KeyGuy, Jan 16, 2009.

1. KeyGuy

KeyGuy

I just successfully downloaded the software , unpacked (using the Mac app for .dmg. The software appeared to load properly. Yet, when I launch WGC, all I get is the opening page and "Loading" message. it stops there. I re-installed the downloaded software with the same results.

Help?

2. KD-did

KD-did

Hey KeyGuy..long time no see. Did you do a "repair permissions" after installation.

3. KeyGuy

KeyGuy

Hi! Yeah, it's been awhile.. I switched to Apple over the summer and am enjoying the improvement in my life.

I am not at all familiar with "repair permissions". What is that, please?

4. KD-did

KD-did

It is a disk utility...it might be in your dock or you may need to locate it under applications>>disk utilities. The icon is a harddrive with stethascope. Repair permissions is sort of like a defrag for Macs. It gets all the files together. It is a real good thing to have in your dock permanently.Using it everytime you install or remove any apps.

What did you use to unzip WGC with?

5. KeyGuy

KeyGuy

Y E S !!! I did the repair thing, with no success, but then re-booted the Mac and now it seems to be working fine. Thanks very much for your help. I obviously haven't needed to do a 'repair' before. That's why I love Macs so much.

I'll be lurking for tips and tricks with WGC. Thanks again for your cheerful support.

6. KD-did

KD-did

If you had never done a permission repair you were long overdue. Keep it handy!