1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

WGC Crashing

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by chemical, Jan 14, 2008.

1. chemical

chemical

I ordered the software a while back but never used it because it crashes constantly.

Anyway, I have a need for it now but still have the crashing issue. It won't run for more than 5 minutes without crashing.

I'm on a Macbook Pro (intel).

I just redownloaded 161MB file, V3, and reinstalled and still it's the same issue. I then repaired permissions since that was mentioned in another thread, also to no avail.

When I check for updates, it says there aren't any since June or July of 2007.

This app needs to be made stable. How can I make it stable?

2. nigelp

nigelp

Hi
    I too have the same problem and have returned a few times to check for updates. Shame really as the Logo Creator suites have always worked for me, puts me off the software now which can not be good for business.

Nigel

3. KD-did

KD-did

What module are you in when WGC is crashing and what are you trying to do?

4. chemical

chemical

I'm in the art center, just trying to make a simple design. It has crashed when trying to select a font, when resizing gfx, when changing a color, when using a random set of menu options, when resizing the canvas, etc.

Seems to be pretty random and not tied to any one action.

It has also crashed in the eCover and Button areas as those are the things I use.

Edit - and one other thing, I saw on another post that there should not be a Vise X installer but when I redownloaded the software today, it was packaged in a Vise X installer that was unzipped with Stuffit. Thought this might be relevant since it's apparently unexpected.

5. KD-did

KD-did

The reason it would be random when working with text is WGC is seeing fonts that it can't access ... see if you have the issue using embedded fonts.

6. chemical

chemical

Still crashed using only embedded fonts.

Not useful by itself, but:

Rosetta Version: 17.26
    Args: /Applications/Web Graphics Creator/Web Graphics Creator /Applications/Web Graphics Creator/Web Graphics Creator -psn_0_13893633
    Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)

This app is using Rosetta?

7. KD-did

KD-did

If Marc is going to get this solved he is going to need to know are you running running Tiger or Leopard? What version. Did you recently download WGC.

8. chemical

chemical

I'm running the latest version of Tiger. I just re-downloaded the software today so V3 is installed.

If there's a place where you'd like a core file sent, I'm pretty sure it generates one, or at least some logging somewhere.

Just let me know what you need.

9. chemical

chemical

Any updates? It needs to work this week so I can finish by tomorrow.

If not, I guess I'll need a recommendation for similar software.

10. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi all.

Interesting.
    I've just discovered the trouble.

This only happens on Intel Macs.
    It has to do with the background (your desktop) being hidden.

To solve the trouble (for now) choose "Show Desktop" from the FILE menu.

The only time the app crashes is if you have "Hide Desktop" activated, and if you click in the black area where the background should be.

See if this works for you!

11. MAXreefer

MAXreefer

MAC user here also.
    I have Leopard (latest update) running on a IMac.
    Have the same issues here. I followed the suggestions from the previous posting (show desktop) but it still crashes.
    It has nothing to do with Leopard as it happened also with Tiger.
    It happens randomly (mostly after a couple minutes) and it is not related to a certain function I am doing.
    Sometimes it happens when I select another font. Another time when I try to bring a subject to the front etc.
    I really like the program but it is getting really a pain when the software crashes right before you are able to save your work and have to start all over.
    btw... I have also "Logo Creator" which never crashes.
    PLEASE help us out here.
    Michael

12. Mr Laughingbird

Thanks for this post Michael.
    This may help.

When you say the app crashes, does it only crash when you're in the "Logo Creator" (Art Center) portion of the software? We may be on to something here.

Check out this FAQ post as well (Mac users only):
    http://www.thelogocreator.com/faq.html#Q10

See if this helps.

13. MAXreefer

MAXreefer

THX for the quick reply.
    I never used so far the other options beside the Art Center.
    To see if the software crashes I just played around a bit with the other options but so far it never crashed.
    Seems to happen only with the "Logo Creator" in the Art Center

Michael

14. Mr Laughingbird

This helps alot.
    Let me take a look and see what's different about The Logo Creator vs. the Art Center portion of the Web Graphics Creator.

For now, if you'd like to move your WGC logo library over to your 'working' copy of The Logo Creator - try this:
    (This is a Mac only issue).

• Open up The Art Center folder (located in the Web Graphics Creator application folder). You'll find the "Logo Libraries"
    • Find The Logo Creator in your Applications folder.
    • Right click it (or Option Click if you're a one-button mouse user) and choose "Show Package Contents".
    • Then open: Contents > Mac OS ... you should then see the Logo Libraries for TLC.
    • Copy over the Art Center's logo library contents over to The Logo Creator's library folder. (Copy, don't Move).

This may sound like a lot (it does to me after re-reading this), but it's actually pretty quick.

15. chemical

chemical

In my case, it has crashed in the eCover area as well as the button area, but I move between each of them and the art center within the same session, so the art center app is still involved when the app crashes, at least to some degree.

16. Mr Laughingbird

Thanks Chemical.

Please see a PM from me.

- Marc

17. MAXreefer

MAXreefer

Mark,
    thanks for posting instructions to the "interim" solution.
    Was very easy to do and works great so far.
    Once you isolated the issue with the software and you need a "test person" just let me know. Happy to try it out for you.

Michael