Website review please

Discussion in 'Websites reviewed' started by Joel Leitson, Sep 13, 2015.

?

What do you think about www.MisterLogos.com?

1. Looks OK

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Start over with a new design

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Joel Leitson

Joel Leitson

Hi Everybody,

I need some constructive thoughts.

Please score www.MisterLogos.com between 1 & 10 so I can start
    advertising or start over with the layout.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Joel

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

When folks want feedback, I give it- the good, the bad, the ugly.

You page does load pretty fast, which is good. Have you checked it out to see how it looks on mobile plateforms? About 67% of visitors to my website do so thru smartphones and tablets.

It appears to me that you have a number of unedited templates on the "scrolling" feature and appear to be passing them off as your own work. That's against the EULA. It's also a bad way to start off doing business- passing off the work of others as your own. Please remove, or edit, the templates to truly make them your own--- a different font, different wording, add a graphic- but please remove the unedited templates.

The scrolling stuff is actually distracting, and you should get a merchant PayPal account. You are losing quite a bit of potential customers by not doing so. As a consumer, if I don't see paypal, I simply won't make the purchase.

If you really are providing a finished product at 300 DPI, are you aware that The Logo Creator only creates exported images at a resolution of 72DPI? Whatever program you are using to increase the resolution to 300 DPI may not produce the best results for commercial printing.

You may want to consider bumping your basic price up $10-15$....

ALSO: I highly recommend the use of PNG images: PNG images correctly interpret the background layer, with JPG it can be difficult sometimes.

ALSO: I don't see any way to contact you with questions: all you have is a "schedule an appointment" box.....

The web page lacks any real reason to keep people on your page, to keep them engaged. I recommend offering links, your own help files, a "These programs I find really helpful" sort of thing....

You also have a couple, at least, unedited templates in your gallery, that you are passing off as your creations, please remove those as well.

I handle all support requests, and also am a admin here in the forum, so yes, I do know what I'm talking about.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    snginc likes this.
  3. Joel Leitson

Joel Leitson

Thank you very much for the information, I will start to make the changes today.

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Now don't go changing all sorts of stuff(except those unedited templates), based up the opinion of one guy! For some people, they just love the way their website looks, and it's important to them that it looks the way that it does. I would think, myself being a newbie at marketing, that you would want to increase your profits.

Here's my website- it's much different than yours...

http://www.glenncuneo.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

Joel Leitson likes this.
  5. Joel Leitson

Joel Leitson

Noted! Looks good! Thanks Glen.

6. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Everything Glenn said, and a few more things. Mobile views are a BIG deal these days. Just ask Google! If your website ( and it's not ) is not optimized for mobile views they will rank you very low and any that googles for 'logos' will never see your site. It'll flat out kill your SEO. There are several ways to get an optimized website. For free. Much as I hate to say it, Wordpress is one. There are many others. If you want to design your own, look at software from http://coffeecup.com

Fast Cheap and Awesome. Brings to mind the old saying, 'pick any two but you can't have all three'. Don't 'cheapen' your work. Be strong ... 'Fast and Awesome' says enough. Somewhere else on the page mention how 'affordable' you are. Google for logos and look at what others are charging. Compare your prices ( don't list the other sites ). Make sure that you are affordable. Make sure you charge enough to keep the lights on.

Might want to insure that your phone number is a graphic, and not just text that an internet bot can read. Next thing you know you're getting phone calls from 1-900 numbers! Same with your email address if it's on there anywhere.

Other than that, I agree with Glenn. Create some logos of your own to display. Have you done any for customers yet? Will they let you display them? Maybe start a 'Customers Gallery'. Can you get a testimonial?

That's about all I can think of real quick. Low blood sugar. I need to go eat!

Bottom line. Try and make your site 'responsive'! Cell phone and tablet users abound. Stay away from anything FLASH.

Good luck with your business. I look forward to seeing your revisions.

Gochoa3664 and snginc like this.
  7. Gochoa3664

Gochoa3664

I like it...and I also think GunSmoke is right...make your number a graphic..UNLESS you are making the number available to click to call directly from the website. There is a easy script you can use...I found one on Quackit.com

8. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Just checking in on this thread. The website: http://www.misterlogos.com/

Still appears to be quite dated, and amateurish. Not a good impression for a website that is about webpage and logo design. Honestly: It's pretty boring: A web page design which screams "1993"--- I would look at it for less than 10 seconds, then move on.

snginc likes this.