1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Website broken?

Discussion in 'The eCover Creator' started by Lefteris, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Lefteris

Lefteris

Hi,

I don't know if this the correct thread to post the topic, but here it goes:

Most of the links on all laughingbird webpages are broken.
    I get a 404 page not found on most of the websites...

I don't know if you guys are updating the websites or what, but hitting mot links on all of the sites (logocreator, ecovercrteator, etc) will give you a 404 page not found error.

Like hitting the F.A.Q. link on the evocreator page:
    http://www.ecovercreator.com/faq.html

I definetely would like to see a few answers to a few questions before purchasing $60 on a program I cannot evaluate.... (Like can I get a refund, what about new versions, are they free or do I pay for an upgrade, etc).

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Lefteris!
    Thanks for the heads up!

I'm actually putting the rest of the site(s) up this week.
    All of the links will be active shortly.

I appreciated your letter - kicks me in the pants a bit!

- Marc

3. Lefteris

Lefteris

Hi Marc,

It's a bad thing for the sales of your program when a visitor of your site sees your page misfunctioning.
    Also a demo version of the ecover software would definetely help...

What are your refund and upgrade policies?

4. KD-did

KD-did

5. zamolxes

zamolxes

I've been trying to access both ecovercreator.com and flashadcreator.com for a few days now but neither of them seem to work. Also http://www.laughingbird.com/ has lots of broken links. You should check this soon as it looks pretty unprofessional.

6. Mr Laughingbird

7. zamolxes

zamolxes

8. Cerise

Cerise

Cannot buy eCover Creator?

Hi,

For over a week now I've been trying to get into the eCover Creator website to buy a Mac copy, also my client may want to buy a Windows copy, but it says that the server is not responding. The other sites are down too, only Logo Creator works. How can we buy the eCover Creator software, or show examples of what it does to our clients?

I would appreciate your early reply, thank you.

Kind regards,
    Cerise Reed.

9. Mr Laughingbird

Hello Cerise.

You can't get into: http://www.ecovercreator.com ?

Is anybody else having this trouble?
    We're able to enter the page just fine.

Any feedback from anybody would be appreciated. I've checked the server, nothing seems to be wrong with it.

- Marc

10. Cerise

Cerise

Hi Marc,

Nope! I can't get into www.ecovercreator.com, www.flashadcreator.com or www.cicreator.com, on either Mac or PC, and neither can my client (on PC). We tried a week ago and couldn't get in then either - I'll email you a couple of screen grabs, we're just told that the server has stopped responding (in Safari) or that the operation timed out (in Fireworks and Internet Explorer).

However, www.laughingbirdsoftware.com and www.thelogocreator.com are fine.

Also, I found the Digital River site where eCover Creator can be bought, and that works fine EXCEPT for the sample images - which all appear as broken links. I presume these come from www.ecovercreator.com?

It seems like Zamolxes (above) has the same problem...

Cheers,
    Cerise.

11. KD-did

KD-did

Cerise, I just used your links and they worked perfectly.

12. Cerise

Cerise

Just not for me or my client, LOL!

This is weird... I just asked a friend in the UK to try all of the above links, and he can see them fine! But neither myself or Elaine (in different locations) can get on at all, and haven't been able to for the last week. I know I USED to be able to get nnto the site, as I had a look at it when it first went live earlier this year. Anyone have any ideas why this might be..?

13. Cerise

Cerise

Here's an update - another friend of mine CAN'T get onto ecovercreator.com. Both Luke and I, plus my client are all on Telewest Cable Broadband, whilst my friend Wai, who CAN get onto the site, is on BT ADSL broadband. Wonder if that has anything to do with it..? Do service providers block certain servers for whatever reason..? I'm very puzzled...

14. KD-did

KD-did

I am only GUESSING here but what I was thinking is that maybe there are some time limitations your particular broadband may have. In other words if a site doesn't load immediately or can't handle flash you aren't going to be able to access the site.

15. D RAT2

D RAT2

Yes ISP (internet service provider) and /or Modem can inadvertently block you from seeing some sites. This has happened to me. There is something all three sites have in common that your ISP or Modem is blocking. I would contact your service provider and have them check your modem settings. I experienced a very very similar problem and it took me almost a month to get it figured out.

16. Zipper

Zipper

Re: the X-pak expansion pak. If, like me, you don't have the Logo Creator, but you have the Cover creator, download this Pak and folllow the same dirctrions. Adds a whole new demension to ECC....SWEET!!

Zipper

17. Cerise

Cerise

Thanks Dumpster Rat, that's a good idea. I'll give Telewest a call and see what they say.

Marc, is the LogoCreator site on a different server than eCover, FlashAd and CID? Just wondering, as I can see that one fine. Ta!