Web site out of order

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by macase, Feb 9, 2006.

1. macase

macase

I buy flash ad creator and i would like to donwload the latest update, but the web site http://www.flashadcreator.com/ is out of order since 3 days.

I try from 3 différents computer and 3 differents connexions !

Please can you help me or send me the update.

:thankyou:

2. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

macase, which version of Flash Ad Creator do you currently have? If you are waiting for the version 2 update, that is currently unavailable as it is still being programmed. Some new features are being added. Unfortunately a firm release date can't be given at this time but Marc says it will be soon. He is busy putting the final touches on the The Logo Creator update packages and I'm almost positive the Flash Ad Creator is the next item on his agenda to finalize. Hang in there.

3. macase

macase

4. snoods

snoods

The website you mentioned is working fine here, and has not had any problems at all for me, perhaps it's an ISP problem you have.

I am in the UK if this makes any difference.

5. macase

macase

a web site have to work everywhere in the world. If is not, i think there's a problem.

I'm data-processing developer, and i try from 3 differents computer and connexion.

:helpnow:

6. snoods

snoods

Yes it should, but i've have seen websites giving errors on say AOL (Not Working) and fine on other providers, but the website you mentioned is working perfectly here at the moment, so it has to be something to do with your ISP or DNS routing problems.

Can't you try it via another service provider just to see?

7. macase

macase

i always have try from 3 differents provider.

8. macase

macase

i always have try from 3 differents provider.
    So i conclude that the web site is out of order for the French People.

9. snoods

snoods

Oh dear, strange, well maybe it will work again when version 2 comes out. Fingers crossed, sorry to hear it won't work for you.

Does changing browsers make any difference? I guess not.

Don't know what else to suggest.

10. blackknight

blackknight

i TRIED IT AS WELL AND IT IS UP AND WORKING FINE. iT IS NOT THE SITE THAT HAS THE PROBLEM AS EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE GETTING THRU. Keep trying

11. KD-did

KD-did

I have had similar experiences on other websites and could never get an explaination for why it would happen....it maybe the type of files that makeup the website taking too long to load and you get the message in error..or it could related to a firewall, antispam or antivirus software.
    Try updating through the program itself......when there is an update....the current V is 1.5. Watch for an announcement under Announcements! . Members of the forum usually know several days ahead of the email tthat goes out...

12. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hello Macase.
    thanks for the posts.

This is strange.
    Some users have also reported that they cannot access http://www.flashadcreator.com or http://www.ecovercreator.com

both are on the same server.
    For some reason, the server has (probably) blocked your IP address.

Check the site(s) again after you read this post.
    If you can, let me know if you can now get through.

- Marc

13. lensor

lensor

Marc,

I'm guessing you are quite busy with the next release but I have to report that there appears to be a problem somewhere that prevents some of us from seeing the flashadcreator website.

I've not been able to access www.flashadcreator.com for several weeks now - from my first attempt.

I know others can reach the website, including my ISP support staff (though i believe they may be in India).

My ISP has created a support job to investigate, but I can report the following to you:

1. my ISP has told me that the problem does not appear to be within the ISP network - they are doing nothing to block access to your website.
    2. I have not encountered any other websites I cannot reach.
    3. it is definitely not the fault of my windows machines or antivirus because I've tried accessing the website (and failed) from my Linux firewall that is directly connected to the internet.
    4. from here, a traceroute from my firewall gets me as far as 216.218.217.182 which is a 'Hurricane Electric' server in Fremont, California (I am definitely getting accross the Atlantic).
    5. here the www.flashadcreator.com url resolves to 66.34.148.50 which can be used to access the website by a friend in the US (http://66.34.148.50, this method does not work for me either ) - this would indicate that my ISP's dns servers are working.

I'd suggest reporting this to your web hosting people because I believe there could still be a problem in the routing, perhaps FROM your host server back to those of us who cannot reach your website.

Len

14. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Len.

I really appreciate you taking the time to write this.
    I'm truly baffled!

Can you get into this IP address? :
    http://66.34.148.48/

That is the URL of my eCover Creator software ... running on the same server.

This is truly baffling! The server is running "Black Ice" spam detector, which can block IPs from entering if there's a problem, but I've physically turned off this function (after reading this thread over the past month).

I will write and see what's up with my hosting service (which is http://www.cihost.com) if it matters. Can you get into their site?

Again Len, I appreciate you doing the trace route. I think it may help.
    I'm a programmer and logo creator ... but I aint no IT tech. :)

- Marc

15. lensor

lensor

Hi Marc,

No, I cannot reach http://66.34.148.48/ either - same results.

I can, however, reach the URL for your hosting company.

My ISP asked for the detailed result from my 'traceroute' ('tracert' from a windows comman prompt), so I've sent this to them and to you (via PM) in case you want to show it to your hosting company. These things can seem impossible to fix if the problem can't be observed.

(I guess it may seem as I'm more technical than you....but then, I can't do the programming and development that you can!)

I will let you know if my ISP (nildram.net) can shed any light on this from their end. (Nildram really try to provide a service that is 'a cut above the rest'.)

Len

16. snoods

snoods

The address is perfectly reachable on my ISP Hi-Velocity (UK ISP) I have tried a tracert but the final few hops always time out, probably because they are rejecting pings.

All Laughingbird websites have always worked 100% here.

So much for Nildram being a cut above the rest LOL

Hope you get to the bottom of the problem.

17. zowie

zowie

success 66.34.148.48 from south florida
    it's most likely a cihost issue

-Scott

18. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

lensor, to see if it's a situation with your IP being blocked, try via a proxy and see if you can get in that way.

19. lensor

lensor

Latest update: This morning, I **CAN** browse to the flashad creator website!

LogoManiac, Yes. Last week I discovered I could use an anonymous proxy like anonymouse.org to visit the website.

My IP is dynamic - it usually starts with 81... or 213.... In this case, blocking would have had to be for a Range of IP's - IMHO this might be unlikely.

Looking at the traceroute, it looks like I could always get one hop away from the webserver - that last hop never happened last week and the traceroute sent me another 22 hops without completion...now reaches the webserver at hop number 9!

Len

20. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

well, that's good to hear. at least it's partially resolved...now just the mystery of what the problem was..lol