web ready

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by JeanneP, Apr 2, 2009.

1. JeanneP

JeanneP

I designed a very nice logo. In trying to transfer it to my web site I am having these problems.
    One, I cannot get it to have a transparent background. It either has a color or white. When I try to remove the white background in the web design, I keep getting mottled white haze around the design.

Twop. how do I get the right sizing to make it have the same reproduction as what I see in the logo creator. The transferred product is blurry no matter what I size it to before saving.

Finally, when I uplaod it to the web site, the size brackets make it impossible to fit the logo where it needs to go?

Thanks for your help,
    Jeannep

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi JeanneP.

Try exporting your logo as a "PNG- Transparent" instead.
    You'll find this option under the Export menu.

This exports your logo without the background. And its much cleaner than a transparent .gif (which leaves little 'crusties' surrounding your image)

If you can't use a "png" image, use a transparent .gif.

FIRST, however, create your logo over the same general color background that appears on your web site. Blue for example.

Then, choose "Export > More Export Options..."
    Select the Transparent Gif button. Your cursor will turn into an eye dropper tool. Select your (blue) background color. This will remove it.

When you then place your new logo onto your blue background, you'll have little blue crusties instead of white ones. They'll be mixed and hidden with your already blue background

Hope this makes sense!

Marc